News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Suggestions for an '06 Tiger

Started by tigerjohn, June 11, 2004, 10:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerjohn

How would you improve the '05 Tiger? I'd go for (1) an underseat silencer to allow for a useable second pannier, instead of the 1/2 pannier we currently have. Then (2) a new windscreen with better wind and noise protection. (3) adjustable footrests to give a bit more reach when riding but still allowing feet to touch the ground when stationary. And, last but not least, what about (4) a nice, low maintenance shaft drive? Your thoughts on the next Tiger?  .....and a late afterthought: perhaps (5) an extra 250cc to take it to 1200 - face down the competition?

BigDave

All new frame.

Spoke option

Cosmetic makeover.

More protection for header & underside.  Need to protect oil cooler lines, radiator hoses etc.

How about a smaller profile header under the bike so you gain some clearence?

They build this, I'll come back.... :-k

Sasquatch

1. Proper set of forks with adjustable valving/preload (WP, Ohlins, etc.)

1a. Proper shock as well.

2. As Big Dave stated, protection of the underside.

3. Rerouted exhaust, can gain about 2" of clearance.  Heck, if they just use a flat collector instead of the tri model, it would gain a good 1.5".

4. Come from the factory with the Gel seat.

5. Spoke wheels that are capable of tubeless. (minor gripe, but noteworthy)

6. Keep the chain.  (So, I'm a chain lover....... (whips too.))

7. Hydraulic clutch.  Going to do the Magura kit on mine soon.

8. Copy BMW's roadside assistance for the warranty period.  (minor gripe, not worth the additional $7k for the BMW)

9. Loose another 20-40 lbs.  Much more than that and it would loose some of the smoothness on the pavement.

Chris Canning

I'll take an exact copy of the artist impression in this weeks MCN,and if it comes out the same i'll buy one, simple as that.

Chris

Brock

What? complete with colour co-ordinated bash plate? in Kermit Green?

Or do you mean the "Numero Tre" version?

I'll take the latter, but only if both wheels match and i'ts got an underseat pipe (or one on each side). Call me old-fashioned but I don't like the idea of a can on one side and a pannier on the other.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

BigDave

Quote from: "Chris Canning"I'll take an exact copy of the artist impression in this weeks MCN,and if it comes out the same i'll buy one, simple as that.

Chris

Is there a picture of that floating around anywhere?

Chris Canning

Green??? why are they only going to be available in one colour!!!.

I've no doubt Triumph will stick the pipe under the seat,so i'll have that same shape as 999 thankyou!!!!

Dave. Don't even bother looking,so long as your on you offroad thing,it's completely opposite from what you want,but someone at Triumph has got his head into gear,by realiseing how well Ducatis Multistrada has sold,even with a stone age engine in!!!.

Chris

BigDave

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Green??? why are they only going to be available in one colour!!!.

I've no doubt Triumph will stick the pipe under the seat,so i'll have that same shape as 999 thankyou!!!!

Dave. Don't even bother looking,so long as your on you offroad thing,it's completely opposite from what you want,but someone at Triumph has got his head into gear,by realiseing how well Ducatis Multistrada has sold,even with a stone age engine in!!!.

Chris

Well, maybe then it'l be a upright Speed 3 with good springs, a Daytona cam and fast looks complete with Tourance's.  I'll get one for the other side of the garage!  :D/

Chris Canning

Hi Dave

Tourance!!!! I've gave those up two years ago!!,it's got a Daytona 955 front end on it,with a single sided swing arm, with same rubber as what i run on mine now.

Chris

BigDave

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Hi Dave

Tourance!!!! I've gave those up two years ago!!,it's got a Daytona 955 front end on it,with a single sided swing arm, with same rubber as what i run on mine now.

Chris

Why don't ya scan us a pic of the MCN picture?

Chris Canning

Hi Dave

You want an honest answer!! bikes are my thing not computers!!,but i'm sure someone from the Uk can do it.

Chris

tigerowner_ut

Lower weight

Adjustable Suspension

Aluminum panniers

less vulnerable exhaust

standard centerstand

Adventure type model w/knobbies

Tubeless mag / tubless spoke option

Lower center of gravity

one piece seat that is meant for your arse

Lower first gear

taller 6th gear

easily accessable air filter

more stretched out seat/peg relationship
Cheers,

David

99 Yellow Tiger: Triumph Exhaust, Heated Grips, Cee Bailey +6 Windscreen, Rick Mayer Saddle, Metzler Tourance Tires, Happy-Trail Panniers.

03 WR450 (lots of mods)

86 TT350 (the tank....Gone)

elemint

Use the pre 99 steam look for the 06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think i can take another year of the girly.... Ugh. :evil: