News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Done it...

Started by Brock, June 19, 2004, 12:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock

Well, faced with running costs for the rest of this year of about £600 (12,000m service, new tyres in a couple of months and new chain/sprockets coming up), I thought I'd be better off putting the wonga into a new bike. So I've succumbed to the charms of the lovely Anne at the local dealers and put a deposit on an '04 Tiger.

It's a bike registered by Triumph in February, but stockpiled at the dealers for various reasons. So it's a brand new bike. The first I've ever bought, too. OK it's black, just like my current one (favourite colour), and I'm committed to a few more years skinning my knuckles cleaning spokes but hey...it's only physical pain.

Got the price down to £5,700 in the end, with a top book trade-in for the old gal.

Just got to put up with a tight engine for a few thousand miles. Bugger.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Chris Canning

Blimey Brock consider yourself highly honoured!!!,she wouldn't take a P/X of me when i spoke to her on the phone!!!.

Chris

Brock

Obviously I've got it and you aint!

I still can't believe I'm buying a NEW bike after all these years. Running-in will be a weird experience.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Chris Canning

You must be right!!! on the running in, it's a complete pain in the arse!!!

Chris