News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Worst thing about the Tigers appearance!

Started by BP_LONDON, June 22, 2004, 06:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP_LONDON

Those cheap looking Fork protectors. They're always looking crumpled and messy...took my wife to go and see a new 955i the weekend and her first response was: Should those really be on there???

It seems amazing that there is so much attention to detail on this beautiful bike, and the designers go and put an ugly 1970's style thing over the shocks....is there an alternative or replacement?

Regards

Howlin

Triumph does sell a black plastic bolt onÎ1 torx boltÌ that I had on my Guzzi.Worked real well on it and should on the Tiger also.

ChrisN

I think they're kinda quaint and go with the questionable front end view.

Me, I just dwell on her from the rear right hand side.....
Chris

Brock

Mmmmmmmmm...that view is indeed strangely attractive.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

BP_LONDON

Brock

Should there be a piccy there?
Chris

BigDave

it seems like there needs to be a better transition between the fairing & tank.  They look fine by themselves, but don't seem to go together very well.

ChrisN

Gaiters.... a damned fine pair too!!
Chris

Brock

I've always found gals with well-developed eyebrows incredibly erotic...
Chris

madmax

i took them crap things of as soon as i got the bike home.and found out they were holding water on the fork seals makeing the seal clips go rusty.get rid and put some thunderbird leg protectors on.

BP_LONDON

Madmax, do you have a pic of those thunderbird protectors?

drunkwombat955

When the 955i Tigger was launched back in 2001, moto journalists likened the headlight "eyebrows" to those of our (Australian) Prime Minister, John Howard. I had the eyebrows painted over after a fairing repair. Nothing like dropping your motor bike in the in-laws drive way!!!
There\'s a fine line between clever and stupid- SPINAL TAP.

ChrisN

You mean John Howard dresses up as Dame Edna !!!  :lol:
Chris

Brock

I'll tell you what I'd REALLY like to do...get hold of another fairing and have it sprayed-up like the Union Jack job on the Daytona 600. I'm not particularly nationalistic, but I recken it would look OK. Particularly on an all-black bike.
Chris

Lojack

Quote from: "Brock"I'll tell you what I'd REALLY like to do...get hold of another fairing and have it sprayed-up like the Union Jack job on the Daytona 600. I'm not particularly nationalistic, but I recken it would look OK. Particularly on an all-black bike.

How about one wrapped in faux Tiger print fur!!  :D