News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

East Coast Tiger Ride In

Started by Yukon, June 11, 2009, 06:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukon

IMPORTANT NOTE:
The author of this thread would like to apologize in advance to the members of this forum because he forgot his camera when packing for this trip.  All photos included at the end of this report have been borrowed, stolen or retrieved from archives of previous trips to the area.  Please be understanding and refrain from opening a 55 gallon drum of cyber whoop ass on the originator (me).  In addition, please feel free to make additions to this report or highjack the thread as needed.

Due to a family obligation (daughter's high school graduation) I was unable to begin the journey to Ferguson, NC until Friday morning.  I hit the slab about 8:00 to start the 458 mile trip.  The weather was much less than perfect, but the fresh set of Anakees stayed glued to the interstate with no issues for the more than 300 miles ridden in a hard blowing rain.

I arrived at Rider's Roost at about 5:30 and was greeted by approximately 25 other tiger riders.  Plans were made to meet on Saturday at 9:00 to set courses for the day.  I guess I should mention that we were sharing the campground with another group that consisted of 10-15 Harley Riders.

While we were assembling on Saturday to plot our courses, we were entertained by one of the Harley guys who attempted to climb a grade of dew covered grass.  You guessed it, he toppled the full dresser in the grass.  Tiger group to the rescued of the poor soul who had escaped the incident unharmed.  

We departed the Roost for Blowing Rock. We took Route 221 from Blowing Rock to Linville, 105 and 184 to Banner Elk, then 194 to Valley Crucis.  There truly is not a bad road in the area.  The benders, s-curves and scenery were fantastic.    We shot over to 321 to Watauga Lake in Tennessee. From there we cruised back to Banner Elk and climbed the road to the summit of Beech Mountain.  

I would like to thank Stephen Ford for organizing an outstanding event.  His efforts included the preparation of ride books, solicitation of prizes, making arrangement for dinner and breakfast and a whole sort of other items needed to make this a top notch ride-in.

You will find the location of where each picture was taken in the description.

zadok_oz

Nice. Great roads. :D
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

TigerTrax

Just a comment about the Tiger Ride-In just concluded in Ferguson, NC.

I have read these and other comments from some who attended....
WHAT'S NEW ?     NOTHING!

Each year the folks who attend these Tiger events ride away with big grins. They had a great journey to and from the event; They met some
fine folks, had a good time, shared a few lies, rode some great roads.
They walk away with memories that last a lifetime.

Congratulations to Stephen Ford for making certain those who attended
had their expectations met. It takes months of preparation. Once you think you've got it handled... then you tackle those little things that really are the icing on the cake. Now doubt, Stephen stepped up and delivered. Thank You Stephen for continuing a good tradition and delivering as promised.

To those who attended. As always, it is you who make it happen. I can assure you, when Stephen saw smiles on your faces.... it was like a pat on the back to him. So tell your friends, join us again, the destinations get more awesome, and stories just get better!

We will be looking for a 'NorEasterner' for 2010.
Let me know if you are interested in putting it together.

Trax
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

TigerTrax

in an undisclosed location.

TigerTrax

I just snagged more pics from teh Eastern Ride-In...

Hey guys.... I tell you our people have a great... that's no BS.

Ask Mustang... he's mostly grumpy and manages a smile!

1. Here is our Tiger Ride-In message forum... I'm trying to get over here too...  http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/us_tiger_ride_ins/

2. Pics from Scott H out of GA, been to several events:
   http://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu67 ... Ride%20In/

3. Pics from a new attendee, Mark G in Knoxville:
   http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww320/wvatour/

Friends we have a blast. Not crazy. Just a great time.  Join us in
Michigan in August or Lake Tahoe in Sept.

tigerrider007

I wish there was some way to make that Ride In in the Ooper (is that how you say it Michigan folks?). Of course, you have to pick your rides on what works best. If we could find a way to do it, we'd love to come up and bring some southern pride with us.
All Ride Ins are incredible, no doubt. Well, keep the pics and good comments coming, it's just fuel for the next ride!
Take care, ride safe
Scott
GA Tiger
Making connections is what riding is all about!