News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mustang and Jonny-Mans Epic August Adventure

Started by Mustang, July 30, 2009, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

Man, you guys are really roughing it.

:lol:
\'96 Steamer

wyobonnie

Your last post was at 5:56 AM!!!  Don't think I'm getting up that early, do you? (when I'm not working, that is....)

What did you do  --  knock off a midget liquor store?

<EDIT>  Cheeerist!  Now that I'm logged in, the time updated for my timezone  --  4:56!!!!

Mustang

DAY 3
Cleveland Ohio to Lowell Indiana

This is how you ROUGH it! :ImaPoser
my own bell boy complete with Triumph jacket  hehehe

The Shinko's are holding up good this shot shows 1500 miles of wear on the rear , not bad for $111 for the set . I only have one explanation for it
"DYNA-BEADS"

Honest Injun
it's US 20 not interstate even though it looked and felt like it . Traffic has to move thru and around cleveland somehow .

"Abner! ,come quick there is a strange man out in the field taking pictures" :ImaPoser

This was his photo subject ....a leftover cement silo from when times were easier and everything was Aquamarine .

I told Jonny=man 50 dollar bill for photographic proof he rode under one of these while it was hogging the road ..

Free electricity , I guess if the winds gonna blow you might as well put it to good use

This and the following pic pretty much sums up the day's ride . Don't blink you might miss something .......................nah go ahead you won't miss anything in fact if I could've figured how to stay upright I might have taken a nap  :sleepy1

throw in a church once in awhile and that's about how much the scenery changes

a 'rest' stop in a cornfield ,surprise ,surprise.

Jonny pulls  up beside me at a light and says " Hey , I invented a new game ! When I see Roadkill I check my odometer and we haven't been able to go a mile yet all day without seeing something squashed "
Now he's got me looking for roadkill , the bastard.

and that pretty much sums up Day 3

I know I know I'm a day behind

here's a clue it's not a whole lot different than today  :BangHead

zadok_oz

Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

wyobonnie

You're getting lazy

Two days in a row now, no report....

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "wyobonnie"You're getting lazy

Two days in a row now, no report....

And staying in Motels .....tut tut  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

hey mustang, i have a question for you.  Rather out of left field but... Early on in you trip you stopped by a bridge with a new wooden roof.  Why do bridges in the states have roofs like that?  Is there a reason or is it just because....  We don't have those in the UK and I've always wondered what would drive right thinking people to cover a bridge!?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

coachgeo

Quote from: "nickcalne"...I've always wondered what would drive right thinking people to cover a bridge!?
That goes back to the horse and carriage days when 100% of everything was wood construction.  According to the quick little search I did on the subject... an uncovered wooden bridge getting weathered kept its life to less than ten years.  A covered bridge had a life span closer to 80 years.   Once they discovered the longevity of covered bridges... they became more prevelant.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

TheMule

Quote from: "coachgeo"
Quote from: "nickcalne"...I've always wondered what would drive right thinking people to cover a bridge!?
That goes back to the horse and carriage days when 100% of everything was wood construction.  According to the quick little search I did on the subject... an uncovered wooden bridge getting weathered kept its life to less than ten years.  A covered bridge had a life span closer to 80 years.   Once they discovered the longevity of covered bridges... they became more prevelant.

Pegged it!!
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

Mustang

That is one benefit of a covered bridge and the other popular theory is it kept the horses pulling the buggys would;nt get spooked

Nick Calne

ah haa, I see.  Cheers.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

coachgeo

Drop us a line, send a pic or something. We want to not have to think "hmmm... hope this days of no reports does NOT means were going to get the next report as MAN DOWN in  Faceplants at Adv. Riders"
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

armadillo76

Anyone heard from them? Should we call out the search & rescue team (preferably the ones from Hooters, Mustang wouldn't stay lost from them!).
Hoping they are having a good time and just in an internet black hole somewhere.
AndyB, NH.

Mustang

update coming tonite , have had no wi-fi for 5 days  :D

Mustang

Ok Day 4 started just east of Chicago and although I wanted to hit the Superslab  like a High school boy with the homecoming queen on Prom night ,  we stayed on US 30 thru the urban sprawl of Chicago . Took over 4 hours to go 80 miles WTF

Here's the start to Route 66 , well near here............

we came up on the first Triumph we've seen since the trip started , a T100 Bonneville and if you look close at the name on the water tower it was in Hinckely Illinois . Kind of weird

day 4 was a lot of this construction for the American reinvestment and recovery act

and if you want to know what the rest of day 4 was like ....go back to the pic of the cornfields on day three and stare at it for hours on end .