News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Mustang and Jonny-Mans Epic August Adventure

Started by Mustang, July 30, 2009, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armadillo76

Wow! Amazing pictures! The Salt Flats sure attract an interesting bunch of vehicles. I read in one of the mags about a guy who tows his Triumph (vintage road racer converted with full aerodyanmics) behind a 1950-something Rolls Royce.
Looks like a blast except for the oil puking (I remember you told me not to touch that part or it'd start leaking).
Good luck! AndyB, Nh.

wyobonnie

You forgot the picture of little brother setting the record....

TheMule

Mustang,

Great Ride Report and Pics!!! Thanks for posting, it is always fun to follow along on these rides. How did the Shinkos end up performing when it was all said and done?

thanks,
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

Mustang

The Shinko's are the best bang for the buck ......and I am convinced that the Dyna beads work , anyone who is a naysayer simply has not tried them , They work that good .

Here's the front tire at over 7000 miles and here is the rear at the same mileage , the rear took a hit on the center tread coming home all slab from cheyenne , did 2100 miles in 3 days .

They work very well in the rain , on dirt and even did good on the Black Ice on Beartooth , with the added benefit that they stick like glue to pavement doing high speed cornering with the pegs scraping ......did I mention they were only $111 for the set ? The rear will easily go another 2 k  and the front is still like new

After The Salt Flats we Headed out wednesday on I 80 east ( there isn't any other way ) and picked up US 40 in Park City and rode across the high dessert of Utah and Colorado ..it was HOT !

Honest I haven't had a drink since the saddlebag keg yesterday , but I was still seeing pink dinosaurs ...Vernal Utah .

Stopped in Craig Co for the night and then on Thursday Continued US 40 to Steamboat Springs and Rabbit Ear Pass , Picked up Colorado 14 here and if you ever get the chance ride it to Ft. Collins , simply wonderful high speed sweepers left and right thru the canyons . It was incredible !

This shot was after Rabbit ear pass and even though it doesn't look like Mtns. it was a valley in between them at 8500 feet .

Made it to Cheyenne  on Thursday night and you can stick a fork in this one it's done . Nothing exiting happened all the way home 2100 miles of superslab riding solo .
Well one bit of excitement , after wearing this decal for almost 20k

I finally got the ADV Rider salute from someone hanging out the window of their truck in Omaha
It was pretty comical , and I of course returned the salute .

And my favorite ol reliable Tigger 2 turned 62 k on the trip and didn't have one single hiccup or even use a drop of oil . It ran like the trooper it is  the entire time .
Although pulling into cleveland saturday night at 11 pm I noticed that the diesel like sounds were starting to get louder coming from the engine room .......I think I need to pull the alternator off and have a peek , I suspect I will find a broken bolt ..............

Mustang

Quote from: "wyobonnie"You forgot the picture of little brother setting the record....
noted and fixed

TheMule

Quote from: MustangThe Shinko's are the best bang for the buck ......and I am convinced that the Dyna beads work , anyone who is a naysayer simply has not tried them , They work that good .

Here's the front tire at over 7000 miles and here is the rear at the same mileage , the rear took a hit on the center tread coming home all slab from cheyenne , did 2100 miles in 3 days . They work very well in the rain , on dirt and even did good on the Black Ice on Beartooth , with the added benefit that they stick like glue to pavement doing high speed cornering with the pegs scraping ......did I mention they were only $111 for the set ?quote]

Good to hear as I have two sets in the basement (paid $190 delivered for all four tires from Chapparal Motorsports). I'll be mounting the first set this afternoon and picking up some dynabeads tomorrow.

Thanks for the update,
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

EvilBetty

Well I just bought two new Avon's and a Dyna Bead kit.

Anyone installed the Dyna Bead valve cores on the Girly cast wheels?  Any problems there?

Unless I get real froggy I am going to take the tires and beads to the dealer to install.  Hoping they won't give me too much flack about it.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD