News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hello from Germany - new kid on the block

Started by DiSt, July 07, 2004, 04:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiSt

Yeah right - some kid here, going on 50 fast... Anyway, just wanted to say hello and get my foot in the door - actually I don't even have a Tiger yet, but the contract has been signed and she'll be picked up from the dealer one of the next days. 2000 black 709 with only 3000 km on the clock, pretty much stock but I'll add Triumph panniers.

I come from "the better Bonnie", i.e. the Kawasaki W650 which I still like (and will keep around, finances permitting  :? ) but when the missus acquired a taste in touring two up (and neither of us is a featherweight) it quickly showed that the W wasn't quite up to the task, neither in terms of suspension/comfort nor in terms of horsepower.

Well, there you have it - another (hopefully) happy camper.

Lurking around in the back row of this forum and eavesdropping on your conversation has greatly accelerated the decision to go Tiger.

Thanks for all the great info you guys have accumulated here, and talk to you soon!

Later,

-Dieter

Nightwind15

Sie lieben das Motorrad!!!!!

It is a bike to do all things and will keep a smile on your face riding.

Get the tank bag...it is wonderful
Nothing tames a Tiger!

Wrangler

Wilkomen Dieter aus Canada!

Saw your post and wanted to say Hi.  I had an 02 Bonnie last year and had some of the same sentiments as you had on the Kawi re: ridin 2 up.

Picked up an 03 Tiger in April this year and have happily logged close to 20,000km's.  Last week meine frau had our first 3 day trip.  Not huge miles but the Tiger was well up for the task and the better half loved it.

auf wieder horen,

W
I\'ve been from Tucson to Tucumcari

Tehachapi to Tonopah

DiSt

Thanks dudes for the warm welcome. Yes, the tank bag is high on the desirable items list; currently bidding on one on ebay, failing that I'll have to bite the bullet and get a new one.

The agenda also includes installing a chain oiler asap (not the Scottoiler though; there is a similar system made in Austria that doesn't require fiddling around with vacuum T pieces - I feel much more at home with a soldering iron, and that system uses a 12 V acticated magnetic valve to control oil flow). Also on the list, chopping off the stock windshield, at least down to sports screen height.

@ Wrangler: wish I could say that I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari, Tehachapi to Tonapah  :D  (can you tell you picked one of my all time favorites for your sig)

--

Dieter