News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The "Not Seeing Any Mountains Tour" of the mountai

Started by TigerLady, August 12, 2009, 06:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerLady

Yeah, you guessed it from the title.  I had my own little rain cloud follow me for 3800 miles on a 10 day solo tour of the west. :roll:

My goal was to ride the Icefields Parkway in AB and make it to Jasper.  When I arrived in Canmore AB, I walked into a motel and asked for the "Drowned Rat" discount.  One look and the desk clerk gave me 20% off.  My only pic of the mountains of AB taken from the motel parking lot...

I woke to 38F and rain, so I headed west to BC and found little rain and warmer temps.  So I decided to see a new great niece in Missoula.  The newest Tiger rider...Journey (7 mos old)

After prying Journey from the Tiger, I headed to the Beartooths.

Then over the Chief Joseph Highway on my way to the Bighorns.

My next stop was Teddy Roosevelt NP in North Dakota.  One of my favorites.  After the rain stopped, again, and right before sunset, I took a 20 mile tour in awesome light...

By the time I arrived in my front yard, I had finally lost my little raincloud.

I will simply have to go back and try again.  Maybe try to make it to Alaska 8)

Rhonda

Yukon

Loved the pictures you were able to take.  Looks like it would have been a fantastic trip had the weather cooperated

Stretch

All in all , it looks like it was a pretty good trip.  Cool pics, too.

Mustang

I think I passed you going east as I was going west on the Big Horn Scenic Byway ...........sure looked like your tigger

HappyMan

Great pics TigerLady!  I've taken many of those roads myself wit my Tiger.  It doesn't get any better than on two wheels.  I now reside in MN but am a home grown Wisconsinite.  Are you going to MotoGP in Indy this year?
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

TigerLady

Quote from: "Mustang"I think I passed you going east as I was going west on the Big Horn Scenic Byway ...........sure looked like your tigger

Mustang:

I looked and looked for another Tiger and didn't see one...I'm sorry I missed you.  There were thousands of v-twins leaving Sturgis.  It got a little slippery in the road construction areas over the bighorns.

TigerLady

Quote from: "HappyMan"Great pics TigerLady!  I've taken many of those roads myself wit my Tiger.  It doesn't get any better than on two wheels.  I now reside in MN but am a home grown Wisconsinite.  Are you going to MotoGP in Indy this year?

When is the MotoGP?

HappyMan

End of August.  Can't remember the date off the top of my head.  Looking forward to another fun time in Indy.  This time Mrs. Happy and two of my boys are coming with.  Cant wait!  :wings
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

HockleyBoy

Nice report, I especially like those pics just before the sunset  :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

TigerLady

Quote from: "HappyMan"End of August.  Can't remember the date off the top of my head.  Looking forward to another fun time in Indy.  This time Mrs. Happy and two of my boys are coming with.  Cant wait!  :wings

I'm planning on attending the central Tiger ride-in in Manistique MI the last weekend in August.  I'm arranging my work schedule to be in the area the few days prior to get an early start on the festivities...

Tomsblutiger1

I just finished a trip through Alberta- Canmore to Jasper. Then through British Columbia, Dawson Creek, Watson Lake Yukon, Down to Hyder Alaska and back through BC to get home.  Beautiful country! 5500 miles in 13 days!  I saw another blue Tiger in Yellowstone and 2 tigers in Fort Nelson.  Hope to get some pictures on soon.
06 Tiger 955i Caspian Blue

TheMule

Thanks for the report. On the plus side the weather made for cooler temps and pretty skies.

thanks again,
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

Sin_Tiger

Great pics and respect for getting a "Drookit Discount". There is something about the light just after the rain, I should know being a Jock :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

aeronca

cool pics and ride repoprt 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

Quote from: "TigerLady"
Quote from: "Mustang"I think I passed you going east as I was going west on the Big Horn Scenic Byway ...........sure looked like your tigger

Mustang:

I looked and looked for another Tiger and didn't see one...I'm sorry I missed you.  There were thousands of v-twins leaving Sturgis.  It got a little slippery in the road construction areas over the bighorns.

We passed each other on this straight away you hadn't climbed up the mtn and we were already down , there were three of us , my Black Steamer , a yellow T-Bird Sport and an all black Bonneville .