News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 1050 Chain Guard Upgrade

Started by Gavin Blod, September 19, 2009, 02:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin Blod

I found the stock chain guard on my 2007 Tiger 1050 to be woefully inadequate. The rear part of the chain was always flinging lube all over the underside of my nice, white plastic.

Purchased and installed the Pat Walsh chain guard and couldn't be happier. It actually covers the rear sprocket and is also wider. No more chain lube cleanups!

Here's a link if anyone is interested.

http://www.patwalshdesigns.com/triumph.html

Harleytoo

You ever wonder why no one can seem to make one of these that is also pleasing to the eye.

You know, not much, maybe a little bend to contour to the chain. I think I am going to start making my own.

rxcoop

have had his chain guard on for a couple of years now....one of the 1st upgrades i made.  

also sell a nice shelf that i bought this week and will install for my radar detector, etc....
07 Tiger1050 w/abs (ok, seeing a pattern..a black one)
<applicant for "Official Pharmacist of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" (r)>

Gavin Blod

I'm interested to hear how the shelf is working for you and what you are able to mount on it. Let us know when you get time.

Thanks!

redbirds

I've had the Pat Walsh guard for about a year now. Works better than stock but still could provide more coverage.
Living vicariously through myself.

rxcoop

have my radar detector mounted up there using 'industrial strength' velcro.  may add one of those little covers from aerostich for more protection in wet weather.

http://www.aerostich.com/navigate-commu ... cover.html

have the cable running into my 'electrified' tank bag, courtesy of powerlet parts....
07 Tiger1050 w/abs (ok, seeing a pattern..a black one)
<applicant for "Official Pharmacist of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" (r)>