News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Another Tiger 1050 chain guard soon to be avail.

Started by droopydawg, September 23, 2009, 02:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

droopydawg

Carbon Fiber chain guard for the Tiger 1050.  Longer than the original.  Easier to install than the orig too.  Soon to be available through Bestem USA...the makers of the affordable top box.
This is the prototype.

Yes yes, I know.  Some of you might think it should have maybe been longer and maybe curved down a bit, but since it is early in the process, Bestem might be able to make some moficiations, as long as it is not cost-prohibitive, I am sure.
I am not associated with Bestem, but a good friend works with them here in Ga.  I dont know the price, but Id think it would be close to what their 675 CF chain guard goes for.

ramseybella

Quote from: "droopydawg"Carbon Fiber chain guard for the Tiger 1050.  Longer than the original.  Easier to install than the orig too.  Soon to be available through Bestem USA...the makers of the affordable top box.
This is the prototype.

Yes yes, I know.  Some of you might think it should have maybe been longer and maybe curved down a bit, but since it is early in the process, Bestem might be able to make some modifications, as long as it is not cost-prohibitive, I am sure.
I am not associated with Bestem, but a good friend works with them here in Ga.  I don't know the price, but Id think it would be close to what their 675 CF chain guard goes for.

What is that tire you have on the back Aggressive looking tread? :shock:

Mustang

Quote from: "ramseybella"What is that tire you have on the back Aggressive looking tread? :shock:
Dunlop D616 same one I have on my steamer

ramseybella

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "ramseybella"What is that tire you have on the back Aggressive looking tread? :shock:
Dunlop D616 same one I have on my steamer

How do you like it on the 1050?

Don't see many Dual Sport tires for the 17" 1050 lik I could get for my old Steamer.

Mustang

they are ok tires for gravel and dirt roads , not so good in the mud .

ramseybella

Quote from: "Mustang"they are ok tires for gravel and dirt roads , not so good in the mud .

Was reading the reviews voted great in rain and dirt roads a bit wonky on twisties.