News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Thinking of getting a Tiger!

Started by Trolleywire, August 04, 2004, 05:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trolleywire

Hi there,

I'm thinking of selling my Hayabusa to get a Tiger.   I am looking for a bike for me and a passenger to tour great distances on.  The Hayabusa hurts to tour long distance on :?  Any input would be great.   Also, how is the reliability of this bike.  Thanks.

Trolleywire

Oh, I forgot to mention that the bike I am thinking about is a new 2003 silver model.  Thanks

Trolleywire

Sorry people,

I like in Canada and I see some of you have the 2005 already,  I'm wondering if I should wait to buy the 2005 when it come out here?? is it that much better that a brand new 2003?

Thanks

Brock

Trolleywire...for most folks the Tiger is a very comfortable touring tool. The only downside is a bit of buffetting at speed as she ain't very aerodynamic! (Nowhere near as aerodynamic as the 'busa!). You'd have to adopt a very different riding style to what you're used to, but the Tiger will reward with more than enough fun for most people. Many owners on this site (me included) changed to the Tiger 'cos we were bored with "normal" bikes. Rather than me rabbit on about how bloody good the bike is, just trawl around the threads and you'll find all the answers.

Me? I'm now on my second Tiger. I've never had so much fun on a bike, and I use it for commuting, touring,social riding, and Advanced Training for RoSPA. This thing does it all.

The only changes made for the '05 were different colour schemes, silver frame, slightly stiffer front forks, cast alloy wheels (with tubeless tyres) and different swingarm with sliders instead of the concentric adjusters.

Personally I prefer the late "spoked" models as I didn't feel the cosmetic changes were right for the bike and I prefer the older type swingarm and wheels. In every other respect the bike is the same. Having had two now, I think the build quality is definitely better on the later ones.

Your best bet is to get a demo ride on one. Try the GS too, and a Varadero and a Caponord and a KTM...they're all good bikes but the Tiger is definitely the best in most ways.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Flying Tiger

I tested the V-strom and the Tiger.  I was bent on the V-strom since had spent a long time researching the Suzuki.  After the test ride on both, the the tiger  definitly had smoother acceleration, better handling, seemingly lower center of gravity even though the specs say that the tiger is about 25 pound heavier.   The tiger sounded just soo cool.  After 40 mph, you don't even hear the motor. That, I like.   For me, it 's less fatiguing to hear a loud motor if one is riding a long distance.  I also have the touring windshield, which I hope will reduce the wind noise even more.  You will enjoy the Tiger.   :D

newmanr19

Quote from: "Trolleywire"Hi there,

I'm thinking of selling my Hayabusa to get a Tiger.   I am looking for a bike for me and a passenger to tour great distances on.  The Hayabusa hurts to tour long distance on :?  Any input would be great.   Also, how is the reliability of this bike.  Thanks.

here's a pretty good FAQ on the Tiger

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TriumphTi ... erfaq.html