News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Back on the road and back on track

Started by Nick Calne, October 17, 2009, 09:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Well nearly fixed up.  Spot the none matching mirrors.... Needs a respray too, err and some rear footpegs but running well and working.  Oh did I mention the slight hestitation after 3500rpm too but It's working it's way back into my affections....

Took it out in the woods and it was brilliant, more controllabe than I expected - so cool.

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Those shots are just too cool Nick, brings a tear to my glass eye  :cry:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ArcticTiger

Ehh, hmm, seems you have been out in the Tiger Woods :D
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

Mustang

Quote from: "nickcalne"Oh did I mention the slight hestitation after 3500rpm too but It's working it's way back into my affections....

after the hesitation at 3500 rpm does it come back hard and strong all the way to redline ?
when it is stumbling in the 3500 rpm range does it feel like it is missing some power ? IE running on two cyl. perhaps
if you answered yes to any of these questions .............
you have the classic coil failure replacing them with Nologys or **gasp** even new OEM ones will cure it

Nick Calne

I think it was just because it had been crashed then parked up for a couple of months.  It's sorted itself out.  Exhaust still at little bit smokey though....

Changed the coils (on your advice) when I first got the bike and it has been miles better since thanks...   :thumbsup
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Mustang