News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2009 isle of vashon vintage m/c ralley

Started by aeronca, October 27, 2009, 11:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

not sure if the Honda parts are actually interchangable, but the engines do have a physical similarity.. even more so  on the 250/350 Fours that were sold as as Benelli and Moto Guzzis..

aeronca

man thats cool. i would love to have one. i didnt post the pic of a suzuki water buffalo. nothing like a two stroke 750 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

oxnsox

Quote from: "aeronca"how close were those engines to the honda cbx's. they look pretty close. or did honda make there's like the benelli's? a guy at the ride in made a coment that the benelli engins shared a few parts with early cb750's, any one know if this is true?

I would think that Honda copied Benelli, as that was how all the Japanese manufacturers grew. Looking for the best in the West, copying the ideas, principles (and sometimes designs), then just doing it better and with lower labour costs.  And surely it was the last part that added to the collapse of the local bike manufacturing industry in Europe.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sin_Tiger

That's interesting, I had always thought that the Waterbuffalo nik was a purely South African thing.

May also be popular myth but I grew up in the belief that Yamaha used my old Ariel Arrow 250 as the "inspiration for the RD 250, both were good bikes in their time.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint