News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fogin Hell !!

Started by KuzzinKenny, November 09, 2009, 11:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

got out for a run today, Tiggers been pacin up and down in her shed for 2 month   :shock: went on me fav run, the Ben Lawers loop !! the one thing i didn`t count on was FOG !! when i got onto the north side of the hills where the sun ( ha ha ) didn`t go, it was foggy and the temp went way down, my gauge read 0.0c at one point  :shock: so it was gently does it !! it was good to get out tho !!

the pic is of Loch Tay !! its down there somewhere  :?

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Sin_Tiger

Crakkin pic KK, I used to ski on Ben Lawers when we had real winters. Looks like more fog coming in from the west tomorrow.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HockleyBoy

Nice pic, I love Scotland. May try to get a long weekend trip in before Christmas if I can convince SWMBO that its a good idea :D

Loads of fog down here in the South as well which makes the morning commute more interesting.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

NeilD

nice pic  8)
yep it was a foggy start here yesterday but cleared by lunchtime... took the Tiger for a run round the backroads here, was a bit slippier than I thourght and had the backend step out at one point, so took it more gently after that  :D  stoped for a fried egg sarnie (lots of brown sauce  :) ) on the way home so a good day - I'm easily pleased  :lol:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "NeilD"nice pic  8)
:D  stoped for a fried egg sarnie (lots of brown sauce  :) ) on the way home so a good day - I'm easily pleased  :lol:

HP sauce is well known to enhance grip at the back end  :lol: I'm sure it says that on the label somewhere  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

KuzzinKenny

This will be my first winter since i fitted the 19t front sprocket, never felt it twitch once but i wasn`t pushin my luck !!

since ya liked the pic, here`s the pic that should join to the back of the first pic !!  :?

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Sin_Tiger

Brilliant, you even managed to get a Landie in it  8)  I can here the porridge guns calling and a tear welling in my glass eye  :cry:

BigMark

I shall be up there on the 28th of this month - The Weather will determine which mode of transport is used...

Got to be in Aviemore hopefully with Tigger...

Bixxer Bob

One of my favourite places too.  Usually stay at the Lochearnhead Hotel (that's in errr ... Lochearnhead) as it's fairly central and the owners are friendly.

I've some photos somewhere of what Loch Tay looks like from the Queens View viewing point, and in the sunshine.'

Can't ride Tigger at the mo' though, I've had some sort of post viral thing for the last 4 yrs that keeps re-occuring.  This is the 3rd bout in 12 months of roughly 6 weeks at a time.  I'm pretty much housebound for now.  Hoping to get back to work part time next week; if I can't it's threatening to bring my retirement date forward 6 months. :?

Edit: I might have meant Loch Tummel...  :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"One of my favourite places too.  Usually stay at the Lochearnhead Hotel (that's in errr ... Lochearnhead) as it's fairly central and the owners are friendly.

I've some photos somewhere of what Loch Tay looks like from the Queens View viewing point, and in the sunshine.'

Can't ride Tigger at the mo' though, I've had some sort of post viral thing for the last 4 yrs that keeps re-occuring.  This is the 3rd bout in 12 months of roughly 6 weeks at a time.  I'm pretty much housebound for now.  Hoping to get back to work part time next week; if I can't it's threatening to bring my retirement date forward 6 months. :?

Edit: I might have meant Loch Tummel...  :oops:

Yer edit is correct.....

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/26328576

Loch Tummel is just north of Loch Tay and has a great view point as you`ve said !!

at least your gettin retirement ( maybe ) it comes with dosh every month, i got redundant   :(  it comes with SFA !! hope this bout is less severe and yer able to fight it quicker !!

KK

ps keep it to yerself cos i dont want it !! :)

NeilD

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Edit: I might have meant Loch Tummel...  :oops:

I was up there a couple of months ago...  8)

KuzzinKenny

Thought ya might like this pic.........

KK

EvilBetty

It was foggy as hell here this morning.  Not pretty like in your pics.  Would have been foolish to ride this morning with the state of the drivers in a weather change like this.  Too bad too was really excited to get the bike out.

There's Friday though :)
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

atokad

My ancestors are from Scotland. A family member has traced my roots back to about 1812 there. It would be fun to visit, someday.  Anyone want to start an ADV Rider exchange?

This is what I can offer on my end, no fog, a little snow at times, and stunning views always.  :D

And I guess I could lie and say this is a Scottish Castle too!

KuzzinKenny

It sure looks good !! ADV Rider exchange !! now there`s a great idea !!

<--- 1812 eh !! we might be related !!  :shock:   :ImaPoser

KK