News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ArcticTiger's rides.

Started by ArcticTiger, December 12, 2009, 11:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Lovely moody, makes me think of Glencoe.

When are you going to trade the Uglystrada for an 800 XC  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ArcticTiger

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"When are you going to trade the Uglystrada for an 800 XC  :wink:

The Ducati has its history, and it will stay.
It was my brothers last bike, he bought it new in -06 and got 2 wonderful years on it. He loved riding that bike. He passed away in a work accident 2,5 years ago, and as being his only family, it became my responsibility to take care of his bike.
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

ArcticTiger

Its time to update this thread with some more pics of this summers rides. We have had a fairly nice summer this year, so its been lots of ridin.

This summer they repaved the main road E6 by our home, this is the wiew from our access to the road. So now its not a Tiger-trail any more. But it still has the great twisties! Photo is taken at 23.45 oclock.

Here we are on a late evening trip up in the mountains.

Tiger got a friend this summer. A well maintaind -97 Sprint.

On one of my trips, I did a visit to my friend, who has owned his nice 1953 Triumph Tiger since -82!
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

ArcticTiger

Quote from: "ArcticTiger"
Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"When are you going to trade the Uglystrada for an 800 XC  :wink:

The Ducati has its history, and it will stay.
It was my brothers last bike, he bought it new in -06 and got 2 wonderful years on it. He loved riding that bike. He passed away in a work accident 2,5 years ago, and as being his only family, it became my responsibility to take care of his bike.

Here is a pic of the Uglystrada. I dont use it much, although it is a very nice bike. It has Øhlins suspension front and rear. Engine upgrade kit and Termignoni exh is installed, engine gives 101,5 rear wheel hp on the dyno.
Pic is taken oct. 5 in Oslo, we see part of the city and the Oslo-fjord.
-00 Yamaha TT600R

ArcticTiger

There has been some bike-ridin this summer, even if the weather hasnt been too nice. Lots of fog and rain. So its time for a little update here.
Last fall we purchased a small home in a cozy little town in central Wisconsin, where my wife has lots of relatives and good friends. We plan to stay there for extended periods in the years to come, so it was important for me to get a bike there.
Wisconsin home:

I ended up with a very nice -99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 California with just 13500 miles on it by the original owner, a retired gentleman in Connecticut. Its a nice "tractor-ish" bike, very suitable to cruise the Wisconsin backroads. It draws a crowd whereever I stop:

Back home in Norway I have been ridin my -09 1050 Tiger some 7000 kms so far this summer, and I must say that the more I ride it, the more I like it!
Here from a trip to Jølster in Western Norway:

From a trip to Andøya in Northern Norway:

Here from a trip to Engeløya, Steigen in Northern Norway:

And the ridin season isnt over yet

:D
-00 Yamaha TT600R

ArcticTiger

This summer has been a very active bike ridin season for me, with short and long trips both in the USA and Norway. Total distace covered this season is 22.500 kilometers, witch is a new "alltime high" for me :wave

Here are som pics of one of my shorter rides, to the fjord Skjomen, witch is in my "backyard" Weather wasvery  nice, it was a pleasant ride, nice to remember now when its snowing and the days are short:

-00 Yamaha TT600R

Mustang

:wave
long time no see
how ya been ?

motoOzarks

Those are some hills ya got there.  thanks for sharing.
Have had:  Girelli Bronco 50, Honda xr70, Yamaha YZ80, Yamaha MX175, Suzuki TS250, Honda XR350, Honda XR500, Honda XL600r, Suzuki DR200, Suzuki GS1100e, Honda Ruckas 49, BMW F650GS
Have:  Yamaha TW200, Suzuki DRZ400s, Triumph Tiger 955i

ArcticTiger

Quote from: Mustang on November 07, 2013, 01:59:12 AM
:wave
long time no see
how ya been ?

Mostly good, thanks! I have been out on the MottoGussi in may-june, http://goo.gl/maps/GIyKK a 7.200 miles/3,5 weeks  trip.

Departing from Iola, WI:

Got a warning :nono for speeding in Nebraska:

Pikes Peak seen from Woodland Park, CO. Unfortunately I didnt make it to the top, due to strong winds on the summit:

Togwotee pass, WY:

Glacier National Park, MT:

Fernie, BC, Canada:

Moraine Lake, AB, Canada:

On Icefields Parkway, AB, Canada:

Oki, oki, I know its not a Tiger, so why do I show it  here on TigerTriple then?
Watch the tankbag closely guys, and yess, its a..... 1050 Tiger tankbag, so then it should pass on here :icon_mrgreen:
-00 Yamaha TT600R

threepot

Nice pics ArcticTiger :wave . Are you the tallest person in Norway? The Steamer looks tiny next to you! :icon_smile:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

chairhead

Stunning backdrops you have......in both countries  :icon_wink: , nice to read your stories  :thumbsup
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

ArcticTiger

Today I started this years riding season. The weather was nice, but not very warm with wind and just +1C. So it was a short ride, just 60 kms. Nice to be on Tiger-wheeels again thoug :wave :wave

Here a couple pics from todays ride, it in my "backyard" Skjomen in Narvik, Norway:

-00 Yamaha TT600R

Mustang

ArcticTiger

It has been a late , cold spring up north, so not too much riding yet. Pic was taken on may 14 when we got a couple inches of snow. So I had to carry in some more firewood.
This winter I have changed the 1050 Tigers rear shock unit to a fully adjustable Øhlins unit. Expensive, but worth it! Especially when riding 2 up, witch the original unit didnt handle very well:

I have also this winter done some maintenance work to my new-to-me -00 Yamaha TT600R offroad bike. Its a light, fun bike with a torqy one-banger:

My oldest and youngest sons are also having fun on their bikes, one has a -96 Suzuki 1200 Bandit, the other a -13 KTM 690 R Duke:
-00 Yamaha TT600R

ArcticTiger

Here is some pics from september -14, they are from a ride my wife and I did up in the Skjomen mountains, Narvik, Norway. Miles and miles of nicely maintained gravel roads. The highest point on the road is 1000 meters above sea level. It was one of the last days the area was accesible, one week later it was coverd in snow.
The 1050 Tiger isnt the best gravel bike, but its no problem going 70 km/hour safely:

The lake is regulated due to hydroelectric power production:

And some more pics from the same area, taken a couple years ago, we went on the 900 Tiger. The 3 first pics are from the 1000 meter above sea level place.
Wife is a breast cancer survivor, here she has just grown her new hair after finishing the chemo treatment:

-00 Yamaha TT600R