News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New 2002 Tiger Owner

Started by Flying Tiger, August 02, 2004, 09:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Tiger

Hello;

I thought it was about time to come out of the dark ages and look to a bike with fuel injection and a liquid cooled engine So....I had just traded my Yamaha 1990 XT600 for a Black 2002 Tiger 955i with 15,000mi.  on it.  It's a bike that I really was looking for since dual sport bikes are not very popular in the USA show rooms, but the Triumph Tiger Adventure Sport bikes are as close to being the (affordable, used)all around perfect multipurpose bike. (for my needs)  

The previous owner really took care of it for it looks showroom new.  Wow!  What a departure from my ol' thumper.  I really enjoy the triples smooth, lengthy power band, with such little vibration throughout the RPM range.  It has such a precision feel when one rolls on the power.  It's almost electric.  The instumetation cluster is timeless and classic. Not to metion that is SO unique it causes many bike owners to enquire further about it here in Harley country.  

I'm 5'8" but am used to and comfortable balancing on my toes at stops.  from owning previous tall Dual Sport bikes.

This great forum has a wealth of information that has answered alot of my questions and saved me hours of research time.

Thanks,

Lawrence

Welcome to the cage Flying Tiger.

I have an '02 in black. Bought it new in August of that year here in the UK. 21500 miles and no problems so far. Except when I crashed it recently.

I've also had various big singles like XT500, KTM600LC4 and an XR600. The Tiger will feel turbine like after those. I hope you enjoy it.