News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Early Christmas

Started by Tigerpete, August 03, 2004, 01:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigerpete

Having lurked on this site for a couple of months and reading your posts I was convinced that the Tiger was the bike for me. A test ride confirmed that and I picked up my 05 on Saturday. Its now ready for its 500 mile service and all I can say is wow, what a bike. Everything about it is just great with one very small niggle. I find that the clutch lever is just enough of a stretch that it strains my hand after about an hour. Does anyone know of an alternatine lever or an adjustable lever?

chrisf

Glad ur enjoying the bike, i'm waiting on delivery of mine. Anyhows, according to the Tiger list on the Yahoo bd there is an adjustable BRAKE lever, not quite what your after tho! Maybe they do a clutch one as well. What about slackening off slightly the clutch lever and putting a bit of rubber grommet in there to take up the slack and bring the lever closer to the bar? I used to do this when i did trackdays as me hand would be reet sore after half hour.

part no of brake lever: Lockhart Phillips stock # 240-1215 OEM# 13236-1185 Brake

Tigerpete

Thanks for the reply Chris, good suggestion, I'll let you know how I get on. Maybe my hand will just get used to it! The grin factor is outweighing everything at the moment and the weather (dry for once in Northern Ireland) means I'm racking up the miles. Can't  wait to get it run in and have full use of the rev range. It already lifts the front wheel in first gear even restricted to 7000 rpm.

Keep it between the hedges. Pete