News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1st ride of 2010

Started by Tiger04, January 01, 2010, 10:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger04

Well got my first ride today on the tiger. Temp was in the teens with wind chill in the single digits . Rode about 100 miles without any problems. Cant wait till spring. :eusa_dance
Henry
13 Tiger in Beautiful Sapphire Blue
"Tigers aren't for wimps"

Mustang

EvilBetty

Yeah... there's a Missouri Polar Bear Ride tomorrow.  I ain't going.  Sand, salt, still some patchy ice on the roads, with colder than a witches tit temperatures...  And then I've got an issue with my over pants pulling up over my boots (need a tall  :oops: ).  

I said I wouldn't park the Tiger this winter but I didn't count on this crap.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Tiger04

Hey evil Betty I'll be in your neck of the woods next week. I'll be in Cameron,Mo. Unfortunately I wont be riding my bike   :oops: be there for a few days. Maybe we could meet up somewhere while I'm up there. Went to Engels's last week. :wink:
Henry

macgart

I love riding in cold weather.  People in cars think you're nuts!

I just got a Tourmaster Synergy heated vest for Christmas, can't wait for enough snow to melt so I can ride.
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

EvilBetty

@Tiger04 - Damn I've been on vacation for 2 weeks!  This week I'm back to work and will be bouncing back and forth to St. Louis.  What did you think of Engles?

@macgart - a heated vest is the only part of heated gear I've actually considered.   That wind blast from off the hand guards can get cold!  Here before it snowed there were 3 days I was out riding that I never saw another bike.  And yes... you get funny looks :)

macgart

Not to hijack, but I just finished wiring in my farkle power strip and relay for vest, gps, etc.

Waiting for my carbtune to arrive.  Too much snow to ride, so it's bike project time.

Tiger04, post up some pics when you can.  I hope the weather permits plenty of winter riding for you.
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

brad1098

tiger04-you want to meet up with a fellow tiger rider to cuss n discuss, im in you back yard in steeleville, anytime man, Chickens in St. Libory!

E.B.-going to STL for work.........I thought you cruised craigslist for work. :ImaPoser   If you have a chance to go to FastEddies give me a shout, Im due for a run to Alton.
02 black-Lorna

EvilBetty

LOL

Yeah for work.  Sadly both will be day trips w/ lunch meetings.  Our plane leaves KC at 7:45 and leaves STL at 3:45 back for KC like clockwork.  That is unless someone much higher up than myself decides to run late or is in a hurry.  :roll:

Wish I could get them to pay mileage on the bike.  I'd definitely do that in more hospitable weather  :twisted:

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "EvilBetty"...Wish I could get them to pay mileage on the bike.  I'd definitely do that in more hospitable weather  :twisted:

Just do a simple business case.  I had to do a software project launch at the RAF units around Scotland over a 2 week period.  I proved on paper that taking my Blackbird was the most cost effective way to do it.  Two working weeks, one weekend, brilliant weather, 1500 miles of riding all during working hours and it didn't cost me a penny.  Life doesn't get any better  :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

EvilBetty

Apparently it's an insurance thing.  My boss is still trying to figure out how to pull the same with his plane :)

Bixxer Bob

I have insurance that covers me in the course of my work for both bikes and the car.  It costs me in total for all three about an extra £50 a year, but I get that back in mileage allowance.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

EvilBetty

Yeah so does mine but it's something weird over here for corporations.

Since your technically at work, if you're hurt they are somewhat liable.  And the risk is obviously increased with a airplane or motorcycle  :twisted:

Bixxer Bob

I see what you mean.  My grown-ups aren't bright enough to factor in the added risk...  :lol:

Tiger04

Well EB I'll be here in Cameron till Weds. its a toasty -13 right now. Engel's is a nice shop. I was fortunate to talk with the owner the last time I was there. We talked about tigers(he owns a 02) and the tiger ride-in in Jasper,Ak.
brad 1098, St. Libory is about 45min from home a good warm up for the tiger. I'll let you know when we can meet up.
Henry