News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My Steamer

Started by rf9rider, January 08, 2010, 04:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Heres my first Triumph, yup, its a Steamer.

Heres how it looked on getting it home.

It needs a little work, removed the Carbon Company end cans, had some welding done on the originals and refitted them, just needs painting when it warms up a little.

I`m awaiting a new Hagon shock, then i can fit the original swing arm and linkage as it has a Trophy? set up on it.

I have a centre stand to fit when the swing arm is fitted.

And finally for now, i`ve done the front fender mod.

Big thanks to Eric ( AERONCA) for the bracket and hardware   :D

Bixxer Bob

RF,  you're only about 15 mins from me; maybe meet for a burger at Webbs when the weather looks up?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

aeronca

it looks great with the fender up high. im glad the fender bracket i made for you worked out well. now finish it up and ride the piss out of it. :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

rf9rider

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"RF,  you're only about 15 mins from me; maybe meet for a burger at Webbs when the weather looks up?

As soon as i get the swing arm sorted, its a date.  :D

Bixxer Bob

:oops:

I'm  not that kind of guy.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob":oops:

I'm  not that kind of guy.....

:D

rf9rider

After getting all the bits together, time to replace the trophy swing arm with the original set up.

Heres the swing arm replaced

The new centre stand fitted

And the finished job

The bike now sits a good inch lower with original swing arm and shock, although the second hand shock i bought needs a rebuild or i might just buy a new Hagon.

Sin_Tiger

Woho, not long now  :new_popcornsmiley

Now you will need some serious therapy like the rest of us  :new_all_coholic
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

What was the black cylinder with the two jubilee clips around it above the footrest that appeared in the the middle photos but wasn't on the first or last?  :?

Mustang

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"What was the black cylinder with the two jubilee clips around it above the footrest that appeared in the the middle photos but wasn't on the first or last?  :?

that;s the remote reservoir for the new/old steamer shock :oops:
I believe he is missing the cylinder head mount for it at the moment............

Bixxer Bob

Thanks,  you're up a bit early aren't you? I've just had my usual Sunday brunch of Bacon butties... :lol:

Mustang

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Thanks,  you're up a bit early aren't you? I've just had my usual Sunday brunch of Bacon butties... :lol:
been up most of the night fiddling with the steamer and making it pretty ,
The new wheels are Nice and got shiny new galfer brake lines and a new front fender . This will be my version of what I want in a NEW tigger .
Will have some updates posted on my Extreme Makeover thread next week or so  :wink:

rf9rider

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"What was the black cylinder with the two jubilee clips around it above the footrest that appeared in the the middle photos but wasn't on the first or last?  :?

that;s the remote reservoir for the new/old steamer shock :oops:
I believe he is missing the cylinder head mount for it at the moment............

Yup, its missing the mounting bracket, which is on its way.
I also need to order a new chain guide and a rub block, and send the shock off for a rebuild.