News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

cheating death feels GOOD!

Started by RedMenace, August 08, 2004, 05:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedMenace

Had a buddy in the sidecar up on the ridge today. We went about 8 miles; some pretty rough stuff but mostly easy gravel, not working too hard, not going too fast. Stopped and did a couple mile hike & came back to the rig and were going to do a loop down another canyon and back to my house. Had gone a couple of miles and were sliding around a corner going right onto another road when something went "wumph!". THe bike kept looping right and I couldn't bring it straight. About the time we slid off the road into the brush it dawned on me I had lost the entire sidecar wheel!. Lucked out-going right the sidecar tends to lift so we didn't ground loop. We slid off a slight embankment into a clearcut. We had just reached a major dirt road easily accessable by truck and easy to find. No injuries and aside from the broken axle, no damage. I called my darling wife on the cell phone and she brought the pickup truck up the hill to get us. Mike and I took the sidecar off and when Amy arrived we threw it in the back of the truck and I rode the Triumph home solo. Weird doing gravel on the big pig again after all these years with a training wheel!

the photos I took up there were on film so it will be a couple of days before I can post them. Here are some I took with the digital once we got back home:
The Red Menace

BigDave

WOW! glad you guys are OK.

Looks like the damage isnt too bad & you'll probably have it up & ready by sundown.  8)

BTW...your bike looks odd without the hack attached.... :oops:

RedMenace

Quote from: "BigDave"BTW...your bike looks odd without the hack attached.... :oops:

It does at that!  It looked even odder with the sidecar wheel off...
The Red Menace

dezrat57

why isn't amy smiling? you've done this before haven't you"

dave