News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Webster & Georgia Pass, CO

Started by BigDave, August 08, 2004, 11:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDave

So Wayne Weber asked me a few days ago to go on a Saturday ride over Webster Pass.  I was up for it till he told me they were not going to leave till 9:00 or 9:30 because he and Pawk wanted to sleep in.

I wasn't interested in that but I did want to Webster Pass.  I started harassing terry.mc via AIM last Wednesday to see if he wanted to ride.  He too wanted to leave early and get back early as we both had to do some honey-do's.  Truth be known, I came back & took a nap after this ride...

After a little mix up on the meeting place, terry.mc & I hooked up at the Park & Ride at I-70 & Morrison Rd.  We then took I-70 West to Loveland Pass where I decided to scape both pegs with knobbies that morning.  It just seemed like the right thing to do.   :twisted:   We then ended up in Keystone so terry.mc could fill up the F650GS.  Then back track just a couple miles to the turn off to Webser Pass to the South.

The fist few miles was a typical dirt road which changed to a fire road, then changes to a 4WD trail.  Going up was not bad at all.  First order of the day....WATER CROSSING.  Terry offered to take my picture coming across the water.  I hope you can see me... :lol:

Whoa big fella!    :shock:  I guess I was going a little fast.  No biggy though as I enjoyed the Alpine Steam Bath after the crossing.

Terry's endorsement of my water crossing.

We were just stating up the pass as we were still below the tree line.  We had a quick break and off we went.

The rest of the ride up was a fairly smooth ride with lots of whoops as Terry was trying to catch air and I was trying to stay on the ground.  We get to the top in just a few minutes for some nice early morning views.  Here we are on the top of Webster Pass while Wayne Weber and Pawk are still sleeping.  Hi Guys!   [-X

I just can't get enough of this Colorado high country.   :D

Time to head down the South side.  It was definetly more difficult as there were some steep sections with loose rock & ruts.  Here is Terry starting down the pass.

So we get to the bottom and get to US 285 just West of Grant.  We then look for a fire road not that far from there the Terry had been on before.  If we find it, we will be able to cut over to Georgia Pass which will take us North over to Breckenridge.  These roads were not on my Topo nor were they showing on my Garmin.  They were marked as Forest Service roads and open to the public.

We finally get to the road that leads up to Georgia Pass.  We are ready to go...

The ride up was a little rougher than going up the North side of Webster but still not bad.  When we get up there, we met a rider named Rich who just bought a new 1150 Adventure.  Hiya Rich!  :wink: .  He just came up from the North Side of Georgia and he said it was pretty rough.  I fugured he was just a new guy on a new bike so I didn't think much of it at the time.  #-o

Terry & Rich

So after a nice visit, some coffee and snacks, it was time to head down the pass to Breckenridge.  This is how the North side starts off and it just gets worse for the next of couple miles.   Rich was right.  It was pretty rough.  Steep, loose rock & ruts everywhere.

Somehow I ended up not stopping to take any more pictures as I was just trying to concentrate on getting down in one piece.  We both did fine and ended up in Frisco for a burger and laughs.  Then we just slabbed it back to Denver on I-70 as we were home by 2:00.  Excellent day of riding.  Thanks Terry!!  :freaky  Next time lets go up the rough sides. Deal?   :P

BP_LONDON

I'm always amazed how beautiful and huge the countryside looks in in the US. Great ride report!

dezrat57

Hello BigDave!

you are one lucky man! great pics;speaking of lucky man and great pics,can i assume the pic on adv rider cover is YOU? if it is you are indeed blessed.

dave

BigDave

Thanks dezrat!

I have had several of my pics used on the entry page of Advrider but if you are talking about the guy on the GS above the navigation once you go in, it is NOT me.

Come on out & I'll take you up to Georgia Pass!  :idea:

dezrat57

Yeah!

thx for the offer!!, but the weather should be breaking soon in my zip code.

about the pic,didn't  it have Big Dave on it??

again thx!, but maybe next summer

dave