News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Kenosha Mountains, Hayman Fire Gallery

Started by BigDave, August 16, 2004, 05:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDave

Just a another typical BigDave ride on a beautiful Saturday in Colorado.  The area I chose is not a scenic as many of the high altitude areas of the summer, but I found tons of great Forest Service Roads to explore for miles and miles.  Didn't even run into too many people either.

At the top of Kenosha Pass (between Baily & Fairplay on 285) I took the Forest Road at the picnic area. It was a one way up & back, but it was a nice ride.

The Kenosha Mountain Range is on the South side of the pass.  They are a Northern border for South Park. Here is a look to South Park from my fist stop.

I continued up the road only to see some guys on ATV's coming down through this spot.  They said it gets real bad from here.  They only went up another 1/4 mile and came back.  That was enough information for me to decide that I was heading back too.  They said at the bottom of Kenosha Pass there was a Forest Service road that led to miles and miles of trails/roads that went all the way down to the Terryal area.  I figured I'd head that way since there wasnt much else to do here.

Pretty spot on the way back down.

On the way up, I went through 3 or 4 mud puddles.  All without incident.  The one pictured got me pretty soaked on the way up as I hit it a bit fast.  On the way down, I took it way slower.  The slippery mud on the bottom of this thing got the best of me and I had a splash-down right in the middle of it. I almost got the camera out but then I figured I had just better get outa this mess. YUK!!  

So back to the top of the pass and down to the other area I went.  I was on too many different road to try to outline.  Rock Creek Hills Road, 130, 392, 823 etc...  I spent a good several hous in there.  Luckly I brought my lunch as I was miles from a resturant and store.  Eventually I ended up noth of Terryal on 77.  Here is a few random pictures from that area.

So once on 77, I went South to road 211 for the long trek through the Hayman Fire area.  This was an experience to say the least.  Mile after mile of devistation in all directions was unsettling.  It will be decade before this area recovers.  I took some pictures and I thought the mood of the area was better suited for some black & whites.  Maybe it was my way of trying to make something beautiful out of something so ugly and sad.

I then found a little spot along the South Platte Noth of Deckers to take a break.  I almost fell asleep when I laid down by the river after having a little snack.  Then it was back home via Highway 67 to 85 for a great day out & about.

GatorTiger

Quote from: "BigDave"So once on 77, I went South to road 211 for the long trek through the Hayman Fire area.  This was an experience to say the least.  Mile after mile of devistation in all directions was unsettling.  It will be decade before this area recovers.  I took some pictures and I thought the mood of the area was better suited for some black & whites.  Maybe it was my way of trying to make something beautiful out of something so ugly and sad.

Some say you cannot destroy nature. You can only destroy nature's current form... I tend to agree. Those b/w pics you took are fantastic! Did you think about sending them in to some publisher? I think it's worth a try!

I admire your ability to still appreciate the area that you love in (motorcycle-wise)... Living in FL and seeing your weekend rides makes me wanna jump in the saddle and go... Then my wife and kids and house and work... Well, you got the picture... ;-)
Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

BP_LONDON

GREAT pics! The scenery you ride through is absolutely breathtaking!