News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2002 Tiger - Before and after caribou

Started by AK Tiger, August 21, 2004, 08:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AK Tiger

Here's my Tiger at Devils Tower in WY.  Had Cee Bailey windscreen, Happy Trails luggage, chain oiler, Touratech crash bars, Triumph tank bag, etc.  Excellent tourer.  Did 11,438 miles this summer between Seward, AK to So. Cal. to Chicago to 90 miles north of Fort Nelson, BC.

After caribou - Fractured fuel tank, damaged radiator, what windscreen?!, fairing broke, bars bent, frame tweeked, luggage damaged, no fender... ah, you get the idea.  BUT thanks to Joe Rocket (jacket and pants), Shoei, Widder gloves, heavy boots and a good bit of Grace from above, I'll ride again.

Darrell
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger
2002 Tiger (Deceased - Killed by a suicidal caribou)

BigDave

:(  :shock:

WOW>  Glad you are ok.  You can always fix/replaced the bike.  :wink:

AK Tiger

Yeah, fortunately or otherwise the bike was totaled.  SHMBO is not too keen (yeah, that's an understatement!) on me getting another bike just yet.  She'll soften up with a bit of time, though.   8)

I've already began getting quotes on a '05 Tiger!  I tried a 1200GS, before the accident, but it just didn't do it for me.  I may try the V-Strom and KTM 950 just for grins before purchasing another Tiger.

Darrell
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger

traveltoon1

AK Glad your OK. My friend dave rode his green 02 from Boston to San francisco only to low speed crash it on rt 9 near Los Gatos, he is ok but he bent the frame and its totaled. It was like seeing him lose a family member.  Hope things work out for you both.

AK Tiger

It's weird.  I've had one bike or another since I was 9  (yeah .. ok ... so I'm 50, ok?  :) )  but I've never had a bike that I've felt so bad about losing.  Others have been like any other tool; a 13mm wrench is a 13mm wrench.  I've even wrecked where the bike and I both sustained greater damage... still no long term feeling of loss.  But TIGGR, man, I think I'm growing old and soft or something!

Darrell
Darrell
IBA 16091
2005 Tiger