News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oil filters for my '08 tiger?

Started by mrpete64, May 02, 2010, 11:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpete64

What oil filters do you recommend for my Tiger?  Other than my local dealer...where do I buy them.

Thanks for your help.

Mr. Pete----->
aging hippie

KuzzinKenny

Hey mrpete64 !! as far as i know, its the same filter as the 955i not much help tho !!  :roll:  so looky here ....................

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,4017

also check out the Roadie section !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

rxcoop

any idea why a post like this is in "bikes for sale" forum ?

just wonderin'
07 Tiger1050 w/abs (ok, seeing a pattern..a black one)
<applicant for "Official Pharmacist of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" (r)>

Mustang

moderator asleep at the wheel !!   :sleepy1 :ImaPoser

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

bonoeuf

ramseybella

Used the Walmart Supertech ST 6607 $3.00 on my 2010 works fine so far. :shock:

ArcticTiger

Quote from: "ramseybella"Used the Walmart Supertech ST 6607 $3.00 on my 2010 works fine so far. :shock:

If you are anxious about it, just change the engine oil more frequently to be sure, the filter itself shouldnt do any harm to your engine :qgaraduate
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

ramseybella

Quote from: "ArcticTiger"
Quote from: "ramseybella"Used the Walmart Supertech ST 6607 $3.00 on my 2010 works fine so far. :shock:

If you are anxious about it, just change the engine oil more frequently to be sure, the filter itself shouldnt do any harm to your engine :qgaraduate
Please do Explain?
I change oil every 2000 to 3000 miles is there something wrong with this filter I was going to upgrade to a Purolator filter at next change.

nickjtc

Bored, so reading through old posts.

Yamaha has a filter that cross references to a Roadie. They are a lot more conveniently located for me than the nearest Triumph deaerl, and I am confident the quality will be as good as Triumph.
"That which does not kill us reminds us to wear motorcycle specific clothing!"