News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

DVD (Death Valley Daze)

Started by MikeBenzon, September 04, 2004, 04:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apache

I frequent the place but I cant make the DVD trip. I also have a 97 steamer. Theres much to see there. I personally think Titus might be one of the harder ones due to soft sand. Ive done the route thru Gohler cyn to mansons place then thru to DV proper. I wouldent worry about where to ride cause youll never run out of places there in a weekend. Some of the views from up top is unreal. The road to the sand dunes was OK last I took it. Last time I was there the Gas station at furnace creek was closed, It still might be so better check if fuel is an issue. Also I would imaging by months ago all the rooms to be had are already reserved. Do a search and youll find what you need. BTY, If two equal rider were on a tiger and the other on a GS, The tiger would have it easier. Dont tell The DVD guys that :wink:

fxrs89

I will be heading out to DV for this event.  I just can't decide if I want to spend the night in Beatty, (if they have any rooms left!) or camp out and where...  I am thinking of leaving Friday morning and coming home Sat late night...

Ron-Ridgecrest
Time flies like an arrow-

But fruit flies like a banana...

Onedownfiveup

I just noticed that FX had posted on this thread. I had some work issues and was not able to make it and no one (internet or non internet) seemed all that interested in going.

I wish I would have checked back on this thread earlier, but do tell us how it was and whether or not it is something that we should try and do next year.
\'05 Lucifer, \'01 Stage 2 GP1200R,  \'96 WaveBlaster II, 2005 Viper SRT-10

Tri2Fly

Great roads, perfect weather.

Stayed at the ranch, and I did not see any other Tigers.  Maybe they were all over at the campground.  I rode on paved roads, dirt roads and a few tweeners.  No drops, no drama.  I've seen shots of other routes guys were on that involved icy hills and the like.  I was soloing, so I stayed on the fairly civilized surfaces.

Loads of fun!!!  I plan to go back next year.

A few images....

West Side Road

Skidoo Road

Charcoal Kilns road

wonko the sane

Tri2fly,

I really like the third shot, with grass in the fore-ground partially obscuring the bike and the white-capped mountains in the far distance.

More, please.
The world is a book, and those who don\'t travel, read only a page.

St. Augustine

Tri2Fly

Quote from: "wonko the sane"Tri2fly,

I really like the third shot, with grass in the fore-ground partially obscuring the bike and the white-capped mountains in the far distance.

More, please.

Thanks, Wonko.  More at   http://rr-.smugmug.com/gallery/1166711

wonko the sane

Mmmmm...flowers purty!  Kilns are neat too.

Thanks.
The world is a book, and those who don\'t travel, read only a page.

St. Augustine

Onedownfiveup

Really nice pics. Let's consider them money shots for next year....

And there were no cats?

Your bike looks real good too!

I hate myself for not making it to this event. FUCK!

I am thinking March might be good because the icy stuff will be gone. March maybe?

Onedownfiveup

Impromtu DV trip. I am heading to furnace creek tomorrow!

I heard the road to Dante's is open. Titus is closed to everyone  :wink:

We will be staying at the ranch. It just happened that NOW was the time to go (workwise and elsewise). We will be there until, at the latest, Monday morning.

If anyone of you guys get a weekend hair, give me an email and we will spin some pavement and dirt.