News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

February 2011 Two Wheeled Texans Pie Run - Conroe, Texas

Started by Hemibee, February 28, 2011, 04:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemibee

Earlier this month I told Kim I was keeping the 26th open so I could attend the Pie Run.  I made sure I didn't have any ballgames scheduled that would interfere with my ride and had everything all set except for a route.  A few nights ago I was looking at the map to find a good route when she asked me where we were meeting.  Well after the laughter died down due to her trying to figure out why I needed a map to ride 16 miles round trip I talked her into meeting me there for her first Pie Run.

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to ride very far due to some aches and pains in my knees.  I had umpired two double headers on Thursday and Friday and they were taking a toll on this old body.  I knew I could make the 16 mile round trip, just not sure if I could do any more, but I was feeling better when I rolled out of bed Saturday morning.

So here's a few photos from the Pie Run.

I may be wrong but I believe this is a 1973

I think the odometer showed 759 miles on it?  

I've always liked this bike

Of course there were a few Triumphs in attendance

The Trident again... I want one of these!

And a few more snap shots from the Pie Run

Here's an interesting ride, 300 hp and equipped with wheelie bars to keep the front from lifting over 18 inches

I always seem to have a Harley protecting Black Betty at our get togethers

The ride home would be a romp thru the forest with these two outlaws

Headed out for the ride thru the forest

After a run up thru the forest, I broke off from our three bike group and headed toward Huntsville to grab a few of the up coming FM Signs.

This sign was telling the truth but it would have been more truthful if it had said EXTREMELY Loose Gravel.  The sign was posted after I turned on the road and had already hit the loose gravel.  I felt like I was on a Speedway Bike half way thru the intersection.  Talk about pucker factor!  :shock:

Another stock pile of the loose stuff they are getting ready to put on the highway, glad I was there before they put it down.

And the final FM Sign for the day and the one I was really after...

The ride home was in a light drizzle for about 40 miles, it actually started just before I took the first photo of the FM 2620 sign.  Pulled into the garage with an additional 115 miles on the clock, not bad for a 16 mile round trip from my house to Pie In The Sky.

Almost forgot...

2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger (Gone)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne

Bixxer Bob

Nice pie!! :lol:

Used to have one of those 650GS BMWs before the Girly.  Really good little bike, but at 50bhp just a bit short of grunt.  70bhp in that frame at that weight would have been perfect.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BigMark

Good stuff.
Now it's worth moving out there just to take part in a pie run. We have nothing to equal such a mastery of road foods here.