News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Meet Date

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 17, 2010, 10:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akendall1966

I can't make Friday night for definite now, please book me in for Sat and I'll see you all either at the site or the first stop off Sat AM.  

If anyone wouldn't mind swapping mobiles numbers pls PM me.

Adrian
----AK-----

John Stenhouse

Sorry Chaps, just taken tigger to Scotland and it ate something it didn't like.

Sorry to cry off this late but I don't think I'm going to make it.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Sorry Chaps, just taken tigger to Scotland and it ate something it didn't like.

Square Sausage doesn't go through the filters too well  :lol:  apologies on behalf of Gordon Ramsey  :evil:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

chairhead

Sorry guys,
i too will have to miss this event now,needless to say i wish you all a cracking time.
my apologies :oops:
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

BigMark

Stop droppin out guys  :cry:

I need at least one person there to hold the flashlight on friday night so I can set up my camp...  :idea:

Bixxer Bob

I'll deffo be there anyway.  

Did the recce today, 300 miles in the saddle on the trusty 'Bird.  Should've taken the Tigger though, my wrists aren't up to it these days.

Notes:

Whichever direction you come from, please make sure you have enough fuel for about 80 miles when you arrive.  I suggest filling up before you leave civilisation for Brakendale....

The site entrance is easy to miss so I'll see if I can knock up something eye-catching to put at the roadside.

The run from the site to the Cat and Fiddle is about 30 miles but takes a little over an hour due to universal Derbyshire 50mph limits and many motorhomes.  I didn't press on much as it won't be possible to do so safely in a big group. I recon we'll be there about 11.30 depending on when we get away so plenty of time to have a run down to Macclesfield and back before lunch.   Not having ridden it before I was surprised at how twisty it is, but I can't see why they've introduced speed cameras and a 50 mph limit - you'd be hard pushed to average more than 40 mph.

If we leave there about 13.30 we'll be at Glossop about 14.15.  There's fuel available there if anyone needs it.  

Next is the Snake Pass - Radio 2 listeners will be familiar with winter motoring reports saying it's blocked due to snow - then on down to the Ladybower Reservoir.  This stretch is scenic so I'll try to pick a spot to stop for pics.

Just over the bridge at the East end of the reservoir is a pub where we can stop for afternoon refreshment and those that want to can go back track for additional pics etc if they wish.

Next is the only hiccup in the plan.  Hathersage and Bamford have their carnival on Saturday so there may be delays.  I'll research this later and edit anything I find into this post.  Worst case we'll have to use a couple of white roads to get round them. EDIT: Bamford is the following weekend, Hathersage high street is closed from 14.00 to 14.45 so we should be ok.  If not we can always tag on the end...  :lol:

Back to camp for about 16.30, then I suggest riding to the pub for food (there's a couple to choose from in Brakenfield) then pack some beer to take back.  Or alternatively you can cook something up in your tent, it's personal choice.

Hope that helps!  Now to go soak my arse in the bath.....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

akey

This is looking like a good meet, and hopefully I can get out from behind the packing boxes and come say hello at some point.

I will be riding up from Swindon Fri PM so if you see someone on a black Girly with a monster MX top on and a white shoei hornet then its me, wave  :D

Once again sorry for the cock up with our place  :roll:

mat-tiger1

I'll be joining you on the Saturday morning aiming to arrive around 10 ish. Sounds like it's going to be a great run. Looking forward to it, hope the weather holds!  :D
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

aesdj

Hi all. I've rang the site and told them 11 for 2 nights as below:-

1. Bixxer Bob + Jackie
2. Dan
3. Big Mark
4. Bonanza
5. Loops
6. Black Tiger
7. Bruce C
8. AESDJ
9. Moose
10. Outrunner
11. NKL

and that some will be turning up just for the Friday (Neil D) or the Saturday (Akendall1966, maybe Neil D). They didn't seem bothered about the numbers so if you have a change of heart or circumstance then just turn up, it won't be a problem. You can turn up at any time during the day, they don't have an after lunch arrive policy. If you are going to turn up early to late evening then if you could let someone know so we can tell them, just so that they know you are coming at a funny time that would be great. Don't want to scare them with a snarling tiger in the dead of night now do we. I think thats everything covered so I'll see you all around 4/5pm Friday.

outrunner

Nice one mate, see you there.  :D

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

BigMark

I wasn't likely to get there until 10:00pm on Friday.
If someone can let them know for me please. I know Bixxer Bob is eagerly waiting with a flashlight for me that night.

or else i can book up in a Hotel en route.. (either way)

Bixxer Bob

No worries mate,  I'll wait up for ya  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

aesdj

Quote from: "BigMark"I wasn't likely to get there until 10:00pm on Friday.
If someone can let them know for me please. I know Bixxer Bob is eagerly waiting with a flashlight for me that night.

Cause we will mate. Me or Bixxer will let them know so don't worry about it.

outrunner

Quote from: "BigMark"I wasn't likely to get there until 10:00pm on Friday.

I hope you will be pushing your bike in to the campsite, I will be sound asleep by that time.  :wink:  :lol:

Andy
Every day above ground is a good day!

BigMark

Quote from: "outrunner"I hope you will be pushing your bike in to the campsite, I will be sound asleep by that time.  :wink:  :lol:

Andy

Just let me know what colour tent yours is and i will ride by it very quietly indeed  :D