News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Meet Date

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 17, 2010, 10:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loops

OK OK So I should have read the top bit with the dates on..........

Ignore date request.

Cheers

Loops
The more I drive the more I love my Tiger

1999 efi Tiger Yellow ~ 86k miles
2012 HD Electra Glide Classic ~ 40k miles
and Her 250 Rebel ~ 5k miles (and only did 16 miles last year!!)

Bixxer Bob

I'm aware of the need to post some more info here but until the weather improves a bit I can't get up to Chesterfield to start roughing things out with Akey and NeilD so please hang on in there, it won't be long.... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Could you have a scout around and see what B&B or pub type places are about? Some phone numbers would be good.

Alternatively, if you can give me an idea of when your going and a bit of notice I'll come with you. PM me if your interested.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

I won`t be able to make that weekend, i`ll be on holiday in the good `ol  US of A.  :)

BigMark

Seem's to me like someon has their priorities muddled :x

Have a good trip mate - hiring a bike???  :D

rf9rider

No bike, just doing the touristy things.
Sightseeing in Washington DC, few days at Niagara Falls, then back to Vegas for a week.
We go to Vegas every year, then add on a different place to there.  :D

BigMark

i do like vegas, kast year we hired  harley and a Jeep - only way to get out in the wilds and explore, cheap too.. Well we broke the first car in the Mohave going off road so ended up swapping the cherokee for a commander  :lol:

rf9rider

Nice pics.

I try not to drive when i`m on holiday, i`m a truck driver so nice to have a break from driving.

Although last year, we had a Dodge Durango with a V8 in it, enjoyed that.  :)

And there was a place in Vegas that hired out old classic muscle cars, i was nearly tempted with a Pontiac GTO or there 55 Chevvy.  :shock:

akey

Sorry I have taken to long to reply

If you cut and past the following into google maps you will get a list of B&B close by  

B&B loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire DE556EW, UK

Here is a little taster of some of the roads we will look at

http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/images/Bik ... -71588.pdf

key roads are:

Via gellia
Cat and Fiddle (although we will continue past the pub to do the full road)
Long Hill
Possibly bits of the A6
and possibly snake pass

Just to wet your appetite

There is a nice vid of the Cat and Fiddle on this page http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcyc ... &code=8e81

Bixxer Bob

Nice update Mark.

With acommodation sorted, dates fixed and routes roughed out, I don't think there's much more to do for now.  I'll still be up as soon as I get the chance though.  I'm tied up for the next five weeks then my time is my own, but might pop up for a day one weekend....and the weather should be well into spring by then :lol:

akey

Sounds like a plan to me.

Just let me know when and I will let you know if we are there or not, and will get the kettle on.

NeilD

Quote from: "akey"There is a nice vid of the Cat and Fiddle on this page http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcyc ... &code=8e81

oow we should be just in time for these!!!  :D

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... m-Tuesday/

Bixxer Bob

Everyone knows that Tiger riders are upright, decent, law-abiding folk so these cameras won't apply.....  :ImaPoser

John Stenhouse

Of course not, but just in case we should have a number plate shuffle before the run. After all they will all come back as Triumph Tigers  :lol:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting