News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Meet Date

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 17, 2010, 10:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aesdj

Sound's great. I'll be arriving Saturday morning and camping and will also take up the offer of Akey's breakfast on Sunday. I take it that the C & F run is planned for Saturday, anything planned for Sunday? Also is there plenty or any hard parking for the bikes or will we need to bring something to put the bikes on to stop them sinking into the mud etc? A big thanks to both yourself (Bixxer Bob) and Akey for putting yourself's out to arrange this, cheers lads.

Bixxer Bob

John, the links will only show the routes, which are not near Akey's.  If you Google B&B near Chesterfield or Matlock you should get something near.  He's near Clay Cross.

AESDJ, nothing firm planned for Sunday as some folks have some serious miles to do to get home.  I think the Northerners could skirt the Peak district via Stocksbridge and Holmfirth on the way home; I'll have a look for something for the Southerners to do on their way back.  

Hard parking shouldn't be a problem, but Akey'll come back on that one.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BONANZA

Sounds good to me, although I think that I will be doing a night shift on the Friday(12 hrs) so will be setting off straight from work full of Red Bull & proplus. :roll:  Campings not a problem. Looking forward to this.
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

akey

Sorry fellas been a busy weekend, but here is some more info.

B&Bs, if you do a search for B&B the village I live in is called Stretton, its on the A61 just south of Clay Cross, nearest towns, villages are Alfreton, Clay Cross, Morton, and Chesterfield.

There is pleanty of hard standing for bikes, easy get 16 or so bikes and we can shut and padlock the gates to.

I will try to get the routes up later this week work allowing but we will remain flexible all the way as weather or conditions may mean detours.

A bit nearer the time I will post up directions, postcode etc so that everyone knows where to come.

As Bob has already said let me know if you have any questions and I will get back to you soonest.

blacktiger

Right then. That sounds like a plan. I'll be coming Friday and camping. Just need to know exactly where. Can someone/anyone post a .gdb (Garmin) file somewhere with a waypoint for the camping area location and the proposed routes when it's all available?

Also, is anyone going up Friday from the south? I'm next door to Hastings and could plan a scenic type route up there if anyone wants to join me. Could meet somewhere on the western side of the M25, maybe even at On Yer Triumph, just south of Aylesbury and then head cross country skirting Aylesbury and beyond.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Nick Calne

I may well be.  Was thinking of going swindon, oxford, aylesbury and up.  Just gotta get the friday pm off.....
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

I live about 5 mins off the A1 south of Norman Cross so happy to RV anywhere on your route north....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I live about 5 mins off the A1 south of Norman Cross so happy to RV anywhere on your route north....

I've roughed out a route that includes the B roads between Market Harborough and Melton Mowbray if that's any good to you.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

BIG BILL

Kuzzinkenny, put me on to this link and I'm up for it camping Friday/Sat.
What do I have to do, book it somewhere?
Did a run a few years ago with the Yamaha TDM group and there was around 40 bikes on the camp site.

BIG BILL
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing (Barry Sheene) Silver 2004 tiger

NKL

Blacktiger
I'm in Kent (Gravesend) and would be going up friday and camping, if you fancy company on the way up.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Dan

I am respectfully pulling out of this meet.

I know you guys will have a cracking time at Akeys, I have experienced the hospitality before.

Enjoy!
If I was any better, I\'d be twins!!!

2001 Girly = Swiss Army Knife
2010 Blade = Scalpel

Bixxer Bob

Just giving this a bump in case anyone from RAT pops in.  They were suggesting a Tiger meet in Yorkshire in July so I thought why not come to Chesterfield instead?

outrunner

As it happens I was in the Peak District this weekend (again) for an overnight camp, chat, beer etc. I just checked my holiday list and I am off that week with nothing planned at the moment. If someone gives me the address for the camp site thingy I reckon I could be there.
If there is no space I could easily camp at my usual haunt at Wardlow Mires and travel to meet up with you guys.

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

Bixxer Bob

Akey's got a poo-free paddock so there's plenty of camp area available and a branch of Tesco's nearby so getting grub and beer for a BBQ will be no hassle.  He's also got a couple of nice routes sorted that are not challenging in terms of distance as most folks have a fairly long run just getting there.  It's just south of Chesterfield;  I'll give Akey a ring and ask him to post up some directions.

akey

Sorry have been a bit busy lately.

However, here is a link to our place for camping etc we are on the east side of the road.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 8&t=h&z=16

Our place is on the A61 just south of Clay Cross and I will try to get a flag or similar up in the field to make it easier, but will post that up the week before.

I will try to get the route up on google maps later this month but we can be nice and flexible on the day.