News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Meet Date

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 17, 2010, 10:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

We need to nail this UK meet date.  I thought it should be before school holidays and - for me anyway - after the Moto GP.  I'm sold on Akey's very kind offer of a field for camping, BBQ facilities and being on the edge of the Peak district nr Chesterfield - which pretty much kills off excessive cost, simplifies a get-together on the Sat night and has some good roads for those who fancy a ride out on the Sat.

If there's a big no vote, post with your preferred alternative and we'll see what happens.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Fine by me, that's the end of my holiday so I can do that without adding another week.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

NeilD

yep I normally have a week off in July so I'll book it around those dates...

Nick Calne

In the diary! - Looking forward to meeting you all then.  8)
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

akey

Dan

I best dig out my barbecue apron  :mrgreen:

Dates good here as well. Looking forward to it!
If I was any better, I\'d be twins!!!

2001 Girly = Swiss Army Knife
2010 Blade = Scalpel

BigMark

Sounds good to me..  8)

BONANZA

Sounds ok for me as I,m not in work at the moment so cash is scarce :( .But I really will need to have a w/end away by then,if not before. :lol:
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

955i Tiger UK

sorry its a little far for me, im not that ambitious shame, if it was closer i would go. have a nice time all

BigMark

Quote from: "955i Tiger UK"sorry its a little far for me, im not that ambitious shame, if it was closer i would go. have a nice time all

Would it make a difference if i rode up with you? Tis not so far really mate... 200 miles there abouts is all...

955i Tiger UK

very kind of you i may well do, will have a word wih the mrs..

BigMark

Quote from: "955i Tiger UK"very kind of you i may well do, will have a word wih the mrs..

As in permission, or whether the Good Lady would be happy doing the distance and joining us for the journey? I would be bringing the S.O along for the trip, Emma loves an excursion on my, err i mean OUR motorcycle. I dont normally need to stop between tank fulls but we could split the journey into 4 50mile stages between cups of coffee and still be there in 4 hours. Leave nice n early and plod along..

akey

Fellas this is defo a family thing as far as we are concerned the more the merrier lol

My missus might even join us on the ride out, if you dont mind a tiny little race bike buzzing around the real bikes  :shock:

Bixxer Bob

+1 on that.  Could turn into quite a social w'end if the significant others pitch up too... :D
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Loops

Count me in too.

Fair haul up from the South coast but I expect the old gal could do with a decent run.

Just one point........ i couldn't find the exact dates.  As I hope to be self employed by mid year taking a day off shouldn't be much of an issue.

Cheers

Loops
The more I drive the more I love my Tiger

1999 efi Tiger Yellow ~ 86k miles
2012 HD Electra Glide Classic ~ 40k miles
and Her 250 Rebel ~ 5k miles (and only did 16 miles last year!!)