News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Meet Date

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 17, 2010, 10:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

Quote from: "chairhead"
Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Bull in Thorn looks good as it's got rooms on site (tad expensive though).

:shock: That is a tad expensive.

That's par for the course these days. You go abroad and you'll be paying that at most places. I had to pay €120 at a Camponile last year in Pontalier, France. Get used to it or get camping.

Anyway, looks like it's a go. I don't mind bringing a stove and some Cous-cous or curry and stuff.
Just need to know which site is chosen and if there's a pub or do I raid a supermarket on the way up?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Geoff D

Hi bob, still don't know if I can make it yet  :? Can just about manage 100 miles at the mo... the other alternative for me is to bring my bike in my van on Friday... (will need a hand to unload) take part in ride out etc  drive home Sunday
The older I get the faster I was...

chairhead

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "chairhead"
Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Bull in Thorn looks good as it's got rooms on site (tad expensive though).

:shock: That is a tad expensive.

That's par for the course these days. You go abroad and you'll be paying that at most places. I had to pay €120 at a Camponile last year in Pontalier, France. Get used to it or get camping

I was on about the camping :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Sin_Tiger

Lord I envy you buggers, so near and yet so far  :cry:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Geoff D"Hi bob, still don't know if I can make it yet  :? Can just about manage 100 miles at the mo... the other alternative for me is to bring my bike in my van on Friday... (will need a hand to unload) take part in ride out etc  drive home Sunday

Plenty of hands to help Geoff.

AESDJ,  Chairhead's right, book it please so at least we all know where we're going.  We then have a couple of weeks to make a plan.

Black Tiger, if you pm me your mobile I'll text you with details nearer the time
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

CoolHandLuke

How do I sign up?  Is there confirmation of the site yet?

Bixxer Bob

Just say you're coming, that's enough.  As you can see above, I've asked AESDJ to book the site he's got picked out so that's where we'll be.  I'll pop up next week and recce the area and come back with some sort of plan.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

akendall1966

Not sure if I'll get away early enough for Friday but will camp Sat night. Happy to pay for both nights if I have too and eat the cost of a no show on Friday to secure the pitch.

AK
----AK-----

aesdj

I've been back in touch with Broomhill Farm Camping and booked 15 places and said that I'll ring the week before to confirm numbers and that everything is still ok. She said that numbers won't be a problem because they can open another field for us. We'll have to bring our own bbq's and food/beer etc. There's a Tesco's in Alfreton which is only 5 or 10 minutes away. They may be some closer but we can fiqure that out when we get there. Also remeber that we'll be parking on grass so bring a peice of wood etc to stand your bike on. I think I've covered everything but if not just ask.

This link is the site as CoolHandLuke posted :-

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_...&t=h&z=18

aesdj

This is the nearest pub that I've been able to find. It's 1.3 miles by road so your talking a 25 minute walk but someone at the campsite may know a quicker way.

www.theploughbrackenfield.co.uk

Bixxer Bob

Top man AESDJ. :thumbsup

As I said I'll try to get up next week to recce the area and come back with a plan.  Right now I'm off to Betws-y-Coed to meet up with my sis who's camping there.  I'm taking my tent to overnight there and return home Friday.  Should be a nice run out.

mat-tiger1

Unfortunately, can't make the overnighters due to commitments, but wouldn't mind meeting up for a ride out either sat or sun. Do you have any routes planned as yet & would other bikes be welcome? (A 675 owner.) If no, then not a prob! :?:
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

blacktiger

Quote from: "aesdj"This is the nearest pub that I've been able to find. It's 1.3 miles by road so your talking a 25 minute walk but someone at the campsite may know a quicker way.

www.theploughbrackenfield.co.uk

Looking on streetmap
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=43 ... erbyshire+[Town]&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf
there's a bridleway and then a footpath which cuts the walk by 0.2 of a mile.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

aesdj

Quote from: "mat-tiger1"Unfortunately, can't make the overnighters due to commitments, but wouldn't mind meeting up for a ride out either sat or sun. Do you have any routes planned as yet & would other bikes be welcome? (A 675 owner.) If no, then not a prob! :?:

I havn't got a problem with it, the more the merrier. I asked if two of my friends on GS1100 could come and no one minded.