News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Started by CoolHandLuke, July 10, 2010, 05:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolHandLuke

I am here. Tents but no bikes - except mine :/

mat-tiger1

Hi All, just got back after a great ride out with all the guys at the weekend meet!  :5moped  
As i left, they were all off to the pub! (Enjoy Guys, you've earned it!)  :occasion14  :friday

I'll post the pics i took & a link to the video clips, when i figure out how to do it!! (Any tips you professionals?)  :?:

Thanks for the opportunity to meet some really nice people!  :D

Must do it again someday!  :thumbsup

All the best.

MAT-TIGER1
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

mat-tiger1

Hi All, think i've managed to do the photo thingy!  :wings

Try the link below. If it doesn't work, let me know!

(You might be prompted to download Microsoft silverlight to view them though!)  :!:

I'll have a go at the video clips as soon as i get time!

Once again, thanks to everyone for a great day!

[http://cid-806e0ad355d357b9.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?page=play&resid=806E0AD355D357B9!161&Bpub=SDX.Photos&Bsrc=GetSharingLink]

All the best,

MAT-TIGER1
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

mat-tiger1

Managed to do the vids as well! (More by luck than judgement!)   :wings

Sorry no sound, cheap camera (But probably just as well eh?)

Try the you tube links below.  :lol:

Vid 1

Vid 2

Vid 3

Vid 4

Vid 5

Vid 6

All the best.

MAT-TIGER1

aesdj

I second Mat-Tiger1's comments. Sorry Bixxer but I think it's going to be quite some time before something tops your ford crossing on my cringe/snigger meter  :lol: ,sorry mate. Had a cracking time and I hope it becomes a yearly get together. Nice to put faces to the names.

Mat-Tiger, the video links work (nice work) but when I copy the photo link into google it doesn't find it.

Bixxer Bob

Thanks to everyone who turned up; it was a great weekend despite the long wander to the pub.

And regarding the ford.... :oops:  I'd better get my excuses in first.  

Excuse 1:  It's deeper than it looks.

Excuse 2: Those slimey cobbles are really slippery.

Excuse 3: Did anyone else find more potholes than me?

As I go off to do the honourable thing, you may never hear from me again....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mat-tiger1

Quote from: "aesdj"I second Mat-Tiger1's comments. Sorry Bixxer but I think it's going to be quite some time before something tops your ford crossing on my cringe/snigger meter  :lol: ,sorry mate. Had a cracking time and I hope it becomes a yearly get together. Nice to put faces to the names.

Mat-Tiger, the video links work (nice work) but when I copy the photo link into google it doesn't find it.

Hi aesdj, glad you like the vids! i aggree Bixxer Bob's ford crossing will go down in history!  :lol:

As for the pics, try this:-

http://cid-806e0ad355d357b9.photos.live ... SDX.Photos

Works for me?? (I'll put them in my photo album anyway!)   :BangHead

All the best,  :thumbsup

MAT-TIGER1

coachgeo

Can someone label who is in the picture?  Same for the fording?

Looks like you had fun.  I miss events like that.  Have not done them with dual sporters yet.... did a bit with Jeepers and Unimogers in the past
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

NeilD

well first;y, thanks to "Bixxer Bob" for seeing this through and 'making it happen' after we lost the original site..  8)

sadly (?) I missed out on the ford crossing, but I did find some nice backroads of my own...
this is just off of the Cat n Fidle pass..

I made it to the lunch rendezvous, the Cat and Fiddle pub, which lies on the pass of the same name, a well known bike route in the the area - I was begining to wonder though if I was being snubbed by the Girly owners as I was all alone for a while!!!

finally they arrived, after their 'fun'

the run back to the campsite took in some excellent backroads (thanks to Blacktigers Satnav!), and no one got lost/left behind/fell off!

total of 3 Steamers by the close of play...

so a great weekend, some decent rides, beer, food, company, and even some hiking!!!

BONANZA

Well what a great weekend. :D  Some excellent pics and videos, thanks lads. Next year we`ll have to find a proper river crossing :wink:  and hope that we can get some practice in beforehand. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as I did and had a safe ride home, especially the big lad on the steamer (sorry I`m hopeless with names) after his electrical gremlin this morning.
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

akendall1966

Yes made it home just fine - just sad it was a steamer (and the lowest mileage bike on the run) to break down. Cheers all for the assit on the workaround for the side stand switch problem.

Adrian
----AK-----

outrunner

I got home around 5 PM after doing a bit of tourism on the way home. It was so windy I decided to stick to roads other than the motorway so ended up on some great back roads around the Tebay/Appleby area.

Oh yes, the weekend I hear you say.  :wink:  It was 'kin brilliant! everyone of the guys were a pleasure to be riding with, great banter and I consider them friends for life.  :D

The only slight problem was the satnavs, they couldn't find the bloody pub  :?  must have walked miles which is not good for someone of my mature years.  8)  Thanks again guys especially for the pics, I have some on my camera but have not had time to look yet and will post them later.

Andy.
Every day above ground is a good day!

BigMark

Was a good couple of days, thanks to all that came and made it what it was.
 It goes a long way meeting people from forums. Makes it lot more personal and real.

CoolHandLuke

akey

Wow, looked like a great meet, so gutted we missed it.

Glad the weather was good for you all and you all managed to have a great time.

Bob hope the egos not to badley dented mate.