News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger adventures to Nova Scotia

Started by Tomsblutiger1, July 31, 2010, 07:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomsblutiger1

We did it, 6700 miles round trip to Nova Scotia and back to NE.  Beautiful country and weather was good not counting the wall cloud that tried to drown and blow us off the freeway in Minneapolis.  16 days of no real schedule, just ride and see what we see.  It was great.  Saw all the Great Lakes, Niagra Falls, Lake Placid, Adirondack Mountains, Lake Champlain but no "Champ" or Moose to be seen anywhere.  Didn't see whales around Cape Bretan Island either, damn.  Back through Maine, Quebec, Ontario, Upper Michigan, Wisconsin.  Did a lot of the Man vs Food along the way eating way to much.  Ate a big ocean bug with melted butter.  Lots of pancakes, deserts, ice cream and Canadian candy bars.  People along the way were absolutley terrific.  Oh yea, my seat is not comfortable and will need to invest in an Airhawk. Also, the extra lights I installed put too much drain on the battery during stop and go traffic through Chicago and Cleveland.
06 Tiger 955i Caspian Blue

chairhead

Tom,
Nearly seven thousand miles and only ten photos :roll: ,
tell us you are just getting warmed up and the full ride report is to follow :D,thats impressive milage my friend,i see other bikes went with you,how many in total?,did you camp or use hotels,any probs with the bike other than the ones you have mentioned?,what was your most memorable moment on the trip?,did you meet any other Tiger riders :?:
come on Tom,spill the beans :lol:
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Tomsblutiger1

The V-Strom DL-1000 was my father-in-law.  He had this hair brained idea a year ago, "Let's go to Nova Scotia".   I wasn't fully sure we were going until a few weeks before.  Always wanted to see the the eastern states and the Atlantic.  We took highway 20 all the way through Cleveland and got really tired of stop and go traffic through the cities.  Found out the alternator will not produce enough power at idle to keep two extra halogens and the battery charged.  Could see on my voltmeter a gradual voltage drop and on a gas stop it wouldn't start.  I disconnected the lights and got a jump start from a really nice drunk guy on a Harley-no other voltage problems.  My chain was also wearing down and after tightening a few times got really noisy.  Called Micro-bore in North Syracuse NY, they had the chain and could get me in to replace it.  Highly recommend them, they were great to slip me in and keep us traveling, plus gave us a couple free t-shirts.  We camped all but one night when it was raining in Cape Bretan Island.  Brushed up on a lot of Nova Scotia history at Maritime Museum in Halifax and went to the Narrows portion of the Bay of Fundy which has the largest tide change in the world.

Tomsblutiger1

I did see one other black Tiger 955i going the opposite way in New Brunswick and several Sprints along the way.  Even took a tour of Aerostich Rider Warehouse in Duluth-It was pretty cool and had to purchase some Monkey Butt powder!  I pasted a link to Pop's smug mug account with all my pictures which also has my pictures from our Alaska trip last year.  Check it out!

http://ancientmariner.smugmug.com/Motor ... ova-Scotia

Advwannabe

Great report!

Brings back memories of the wonderful trip my wife and I had from Halifax to NY to meet my ship last year. Shame we were in a Camry!
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180