News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ultraseal in Tubed tyres:

Started by 52blackshadow, September 27, 2004, 12:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

52blackshadow

Well, that's the end of my little experiment.  Despite all the assurances that Ultraseal worked in tubed tyres, my rear deflated with indecent haste on Friday (I was between two articulated lorries on the A14 Dual Carriageway at the time). One moment the bike felt fine, the next the rear was on the rim and the handling suddenlt vanished!

I had a small nail hole some weeks ago. Ultraseal claim that it is a permanent fix, when I took the tyre off it had a lot of Ultraseal swilling round the inside of the tyre, and the tube was punctured where the nail had gone through.  Ultraseal simply held the puncture until it could let go at a less convenient moment!

Add to that the fact that the front tyre is still badly out of balance since adding the Ultraseal and the experiment appears to have been a complete failure!

My vote goes against Ultraseal in all future discussion on this!

Cheers,

Keith.
Ride safe!!!!!

BP_LONDON

I have also elected not to add ultraseal to my tubed tyres. I'm gonna have punctures no matter what, so I might as well not pi$$ of the mechanics that put new tubes in my tires.

CormacG

I put it into my old Tiger about a month before I sold it so I never found out if it would work or not. It was after all the only in-tyre solution I could find that claimed to work for tubed tyres. I was soooo tired of trying to fix punctures on the roadside with no centre stand.

Glad I didn't have to find out now. Cheers for the info!
Drivers wearing hats are to be avoided.

SIBBO

Sorry you being the guinea pig was a flop !!!!!!!!!

Bloody handy though cos i was considering putting some in mine,...Think i will give it a miss a now.

Ta for the post.

Quote from: "CormacG"It was after all the only in-tyre solution I could find that claimed to work for tubed tyres.

Actually there is another product that claims to work in tubes..."GOOP". It's a green gunge with bits of rubber floating in it which are supposed to get stuck in the hole while the fluid hardens around it.

I've installed it in my tubes because it is 1/3 the price of Ultraseal. Not had a puncture or anything in my tyres to puncture them so I cannot vouch for it as a solution. It did not upset the balance of the wheels at all. I think I got it from M&P or MPS mail order @ £ 7 / bottle.