News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Pictures

Started by LTB, October 09, 2010, 03:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTB

Quote from: "JetdocX"first ride here:
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/videos/2010/october/oct2710-triumph-tiger-800-ridden/

I just love that he's doing a wheelie with the prototype Tiger :-)

If someone knows a way to get the test in todays issue of MCN to Sweden, I'm very interested...
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

Rocinante

Quote from: "rf9rider"Here`s a few more.

And am i the only one who doesn`t like it?

http://www.onewheeldrive.net/2010/10/21 ... os-leaked/

No you´re not. I´m not to keen on this bike either at this stage. I think this kind of BMW Lego-bike design looks too fragile. It looks like one of my son´s Star Wars Lego battle ships.

But maybe it´s just that the clean KTM look has grown on me (as it has on my bike, literally...:)). Time will see.

And I´m looking eagerly forward to the handling reviews of the offroad version.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

cascadetiger

I think the looks will grow on you over time.  Its ok but not great.  I do like the engine.  My son has a Daytona 675, some call it God's own engine.  It is awesome and is scaled up for this bike.  This alone could make the bike a winner.  I am not ready to sell my Steamer just yet.

aeronca

IM  IN. I LIKE IT  AAAAAA-LOT. 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

JetdocX

Anyone wanna buy my steamer? :lol:
From parts unknown.

LTB

Quote from: "JetdocX"Anyone wanna buy my steamer? :lol:

And a Girly ... :D
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

Sin_Tiger

One low milage Street Triple with all the bits FOR SALE ... this looks like even more fun  :D
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

harre

It looks really great on the MCN video. But after a while I thought, just another bike. Triumph has their hands on a truly original engine concept. The triples deliver smooth power with a high torque. I like them better than the stompers or twins. The one thing I miss is the low center of gravity found in beemers with boxer twins.
However, what will be new in the Tiger 800? Isn't it just another designed hype? We have been teased for a long time and maybe this is just a cover for the lack of ingenuity. Triumph wants to sell bikes and make money, maybe there is no need to reinvent the wheel. The ADV bikes are good sellers perhaps thanks to BMW GS. I want to see the following to be impressed: An extremely low fuel consumption, even lower than in the GS800, that would have to be around 4 litres per 100 km.
Serviceability like what is seen in the new Tenere 1200 where the tank is easily tilted to access the air filters. Weather protection that at least equals the 1150 and 1200 GS because these bikes supposed to be used for long trips (+600 km per day).
Strangely the Steamer still competes pretty well due to it's engine (not taking the sprag issue into account), but of course, the serviceability is a joke, and that is what bothers me. If the designers had taken one week more thought into the design, no doubt the Steamer could have be an adventure classic like the Honda Africa Twin 750. I hope that the new 800 is designed for ADV usage with long distance trips in mind. My point is this, to design a bike to be easily served (and repaired) is not Triumph's tradition, and I have my doubts when it comes to this new Tiger. Can it go the Long Way Round?

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "harre"... I want to see the following to be impressed: An extremely low fuel consumption, even lower than in the GS800, that would have to be around 4 litres per 100 km....

Gerroff....  to do that they'd have to master fuel mapping :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JetdocX

Quote from: "LTB"
Quote from: "JetdocX"Anyone wanna buy my steamer? :lol:

How about a slightly used kidney?
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "JetdocX"How about a slightly used kidney?

You mean you still have a spare  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

aeronca

Quote from: JetdocX
Quote from: LTB
Quote from: JetdocXAnyone wanna buy my steamer? :lol:

How about a slightly used kidney?

i might need your liver after last night :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

tigergotcha

From EICMA Milan currently running...
An XC fully equipped!

More (homebrew) pictures tomorrow!

mat-tiger1

Looking sexy  :love10

All the best,
Mat-tiger1
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.