News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chili Run......No pun intended on either or both words

Started by Hemibee, October 14, 2010, 01:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemibee

This morning was too BEAUTIFUL of a day to waste it doing something around the home front so I decided I needed to make a lunch run.  Couldn't decide on what I wanted or where I wanted to get lunch.  I decided after giving it some thought to see about a bowl of chili but there was left over chili in the refrigerator, so what to do?    Then I came up with the idea to run over to Coldspring to get a photo of the San Jacinto County Courthouse then come back to the house for the chili so I pulled the Tiger out of the garage and headed that way...  The weather started off a little chili, again no pun intended, but warmed up to just above perfect.

Instead of riding straight to Coldspring, I decided to explore some of the FM's in the area.  First detour was down FM 2693.  Not a whole lot to see but pleasant riding thru the forest with moderate traffic.

From FM 2693 I headed back to Texas 150 and next rode down FM 2025 but started seeing more truck traffic so I decided to end the exploring on this road and headed to town.

In Coldspring there wasn't any openings around the courthouse so I rode down FM 1514 a couple miles to give some of the folks at the courthouse time to make room for me.

When I came around the block at the courthouse I noticed the DPS Cruiser had vacated the No-Parking Area so I pulled into it real quick and grabbed my photo of the courthouse before he or one of the locals came back to invite me to the annual policeman's ball.

Started to head over to the San Jacinto County Jail Museum but there was EMS activity in the area so I turned around and grabbed a photo of the FM 2973 sign.

I wasn't hungry yet so I decided that since I was in the area, I would head on over to Livingston to capture a photo of the Polk County Courthouse.  So I headed out of town on Texas 150 to FM 222.

The FM 3128 sign was a departure from FM 222 and the following I had picked up coming out of Coldspring.  I had a county deputy following me and I still did not want an invite to the ball and I wasn't ready to buy one of his tickets.  The deputy was running radar as I came out of Coldspring and once I passed him he flipped around from the other shoulder of the road to fall in behind me.  Can't say as I blame him, the Tiger sure is a good looking bike.    I had noticed a few bikes in the area and I suspect he was of the thought I might have been one of them, several hooligans another deputy had pulled over just down the road and he wasn't going to let me pull some of their shenanigans in his fair community.  

After grabbing the FM 3128 signs I headed over to FM 3278 to run by the Lake Livingston Dam.  And guess who showed up as I was snapping a photo of the FM 3278 sign?  Yes Sir, it was the deputy that had been following me earlier.  As I suspected, he was watching out for the hooligans and I just happened along on the same route as they had come into town on.  We had a little chat, he was curious why I was taking a photo of the FM Sign so I told him it was all Two Wheeled Texans members dixonduke and Sully's fault.  As we talked a little more about motorcycle forums and such, I told him I was headed to Polk County for a photo of the courthouse to which he asked if that was dixonduke and Sully's fault?  "No sir, that is TWT members Janet and Gilk51's fault.  He just laughed and shook his head as he headed back to his car.  As he opened the car door he called back to me, asking if I had an M endorsement on my license?  Told him I did and was reaching for my wallet, he waved and said not to worry about it, he just thought he would ask.

So I'm back on the road heading for Livingston with a stop at the dam for a few more photos.

Headed over to Livingston State Park.  Maintenance crews were mowing along the entrance, grass clippings were all over the entrance and the weedeater was slinging stuff out toward the road so I just gabbed a photo of the FM 3126 sign just down the road from the entrance, made a U-Turn and headed on to Livingston.

Polk County Courthouse.  The US 59 bypass didn't seem to pull all the traffic away from downtown Livingston, still a busy little town and the intersection at the courthouse was as busy as I remember it was back in the mid to late 70's.  We used to laugh at my brother's comment every time we drove thru Livingston prior to the bypass being build; "The only reason Livingston is as big as it is, is because the people got tired of waiting on the red lights in town to change, they just built a house here and called it home."  Still true today, I sat thru three changes of the light before I could get thru it.  

Headed home, was starting to get a little hungry but still had one more road I wanted to do a little exploring on, FM 1725.  Didn't go too far down the road, checked the gas gauge and I was getting a little lower than I felt I needed for exploring the back roads

Arrived back to the house with an additional 110 miles on the clock.  Put the bike up and went in to enjoy a good bowl of homemade chili, but no pie in the house so I had a second bowl.  

:D
2004 KTM 450 EXC
2001 Triumph Tiger (Gone)
2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC

"Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause - you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles."  John Wayne