News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tuneboy Knowledge

Started by Mustang, January 10, 2010, 10:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

This is really Bixxer Bob's thread ..............

OK, this is in response to Iansoady's idea that we post our Tuneboy readings for comparison.

I'm running a custom aftermarket tune that I put together myself, but it doesn't alter much of what you see here. The engine was running pretty cold when I took these. The first pic is the Tuneboy dashboard. All it's telling you is the engine is off (no rpm), throttle position "0" engine temp "38 deg" and air temp "18". You can also see the buttons for adjusting the idle fuel trim and resetting the TPS.

The next pic is the sensor screen which is selected by clicking the red light on the top row. The engine isn't running and you can see:

The last is with the engine running.

This table might need correcting when I hear back from Wayne at Tuneboy but I've posted it for now in case Flux needs it tomorrow. I've asked him some questions about the three lines with an asterisk.

You'll note that the RPM is higher than the target value. That comes in closer when the engine is up to temp. You'll also note that the middle cylinder injector and dwell values are slightly different to the other two. As the ECM can't determine one from the other using the sensors, as it can on some Triumphs, I think that this is a preset requirement of the tune in the ECM to keep it from getting hotter than the other two. I said I wouldn't guess - but there I go... at least I'm saying what is just a guess, the rest is straight out of the manuals.

Mustang

POSTED for Ian Soady

I've done some Tuneboy screenshots to add to Bixxer Bob's first set if you could add them - both the original thread & the stuck one are locked otherwise I'd post them straight there.

This is the dashboard with engine not running:

and this with it running:

This is the sensors with the engine not running:

This is running just after starting from cold:

And this one after a few minutes when it's warmed up a bit.

I've just balanced the throttle bodies using Carbtune (very straightforward) and reset the TPS before hooking up the Tuneboy.

2004 Tiger 955i in black.
1955 Velocette Viper/Venom in black & gold.

Mustang

I am going to leave this one unlocked , but if you post in it you probably should  have screenshots of your tuneboy or your post will go to the Black Hole ,

Ian , I posted for you above .
leaving it unlocked so you can freely add to it and hopefully more Tuneboy users will post some screen shots  :D

iansoady

Thanks Mustang.

One thing I noticed is the battery voltage on mine is a steady 14.7 or so. I put this down to doing the Sasquatch wiring modTM.

Most other values look similar to those Bob posted.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Bixxer Bob

I was going to write a Tuneboy Sticky similar to the Tune ECU one, but there's not as much to Tuneboy to learn (and most folks will opt for the free Tune ECU over the expensive Tuneboy option anyway).

Having used both, my view is that the Tune ECU is more user-friendly when it comes to displaying information such as sensor outputs, dashboards etc, but Tuneboy really comes into it's own when it comes to map alterations because Tuneboy's 3D graphics blow Tune ECUs 2D graphs into the weeds. Here's a couple of examples:

TuneECU:

Tuneboy:

Having said that, and like in the Tune ECU Sticky, if you have a Tuneboy question, or you can add / correct anything I've posted, please PM it to me, and I'll get it added via Mustang.  That way we'll develop a knowledge base which reflects the best no-how available.  

Also, it's worth reading the other thread on TuneECU as well because many questions will be equally relevant.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

There are rumours, especially in Australia, that if you use Tuneboy, the dealers tool will fry your ECU afterwards.  BixxerBob asked Tuneboy about it and they provided the following response:

Hi John,

My apologies for the delay in replying.

This is completely incorrect.  The dealer tool is still completely functional after use with TuneEdit.  Nothing will happen to damage or lock the ECU.  The dealer cannot even tell if TuneEdit has been connected to the bike.

We have heard  this rumour is being spread through Australian dealers at "new model training" to try and scare people off using our software.
There is absolutely no truth in it whatsoever.

Many thanks for contacting us :)

Kind regards,

Emma Macdonald
Sales and Administration

Bixxer Bob

This is the screenshot to go with my new tune.  It could be that just getting close to these settings will sort some running issues even without the tune.  If you try them and it works (or doesn't) please PM me with details so I can keep abreast of what is working for peeps and what is not.

Cheers,

BB

These settings were as a result of using a CO meter.  If you don't have one,  you should tweak the IACV steps a couple at a time and blip the throttle a few times each change.  You are looking for a compromise between best pick up without hesitation and least popping on overrun.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

shannonlec

im new so dont give me a hard time if i sound nieve but ive bought a 2001 tiger and am i right in reading that there is a software download that we can re map and elec tune our awesome rides .........

if so whats the best and were to a get my hands on it and what do i need to adapt it with my lappy

thanks

shannon

KuzzinKenny

Hey shannonlec !! have a looky here.................

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,8852

:wink:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly