News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ESTRADA REAL 2010

Started by Nimrod11, December 16, 2010, 01:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimrod11

OK, so my trip to Bolivia and Peru hasn't happened yet. It will, some time.

Anyway, as we had less time that we thought, we decided to go on a shorter 1 week trip, almost 2800 km

We left Sao Paulo towards the cast line, stopping just outside Caraguatatuba. We then went on to Paraty, Petropolis, Tiradentes, Ouro Preto, Delfinopolis and back.

A good part of this is along the ESTRADA REAL, the old Royal Highway that used to take gold from the mines to the port to ship off to Portugal. There are lots of old colonial towns, full of churches and buildings from the 17th and 18th centuries. Some of the old road is now a highway, some is still an old dirt road with old stone bridges.

Here are some pics.
----------
Tiger 2004

Nimrod11

----------
Tiger 2004

Nimrod11

----------
Tiger 2004

KuzzinKenny

Hey Nimrod11 !! looks like you had a blast !!

grrrrreat pics, love the old cars  :thumbsup

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Timbox2

You can see the Portuguese influence in some of those shots, great,
Obrigado, Te Logo.
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Nice photos Nimrod.  The Girly looks properly feline against the overdressed BMWs.  Feline as in lithe, agile and fast.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nimrod11

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Nice photos Nimrod.  The Girly looks properly feline against the overdressed BMWs.  Feline as in lithe, agile and fast.

And likes to lie down in the sun!?!?  :ImaPoser
----------
Tiger 2004

Nimrod11

Just for curiosity, in the DC-3 picture, you can see Brazil's "Air Force 1" in the background. TAM's museum is also their maintenance centre so a lot of Airbus planes from Latin America come over there, including the President's.
----------
Tiger 2004

Timbox2

Quote from: "Nimrod11"
Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Nice photos Nimrod.  The Girly looks properly feline against the overdressed BMWs.  Feline as in lithe, agile and fast.

And likes to lie down in the sun!?!?  :ImaPoser

Has your Girly got a Brazilian? :shock:
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Great

More photos please.  :D

John Stenhouse

Nice Trip report. Those BMs are a bit over dressed aren't they?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Nimrod11

Quote from: "Timbox2"Has your Girly got a Brazilian? :shock:

Nope, still has all original stripes...  :lol:
----------
Tiger 2004

Nimrod11

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Nice Trip report. Those BMs are a bit over dressed aren't they?

Aren't beemers always?
----------
Tiger 2004

Nimrod11

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Great

More photos please.  :D

Will do. Also have some cool videos i need to crop and edit to post.
----------
Tiger 2004

Nimrod11

Take a look

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estrada_Real

Also worth clicking on the link for Paraty.
----------
Tiger 2004