News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Naming the Tiger 800

Started by Tiger-G, February 02, 2011, 05:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger-G

Hi All,

Over on TriumphRat we have got a poll going on the choice of name for the new Tiger 800. You are more than welcome to pop over and have your opinions heard. Here's the link:

http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-chat/16 ... -poll.html

Cheers  :D
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

JetdocX

You've got your head in the sand, man.  It's Beaker by a landslide here. :roll:
From parts unknown.

walker

they won't allow beaker in their poll, so who cares? more tiger information here anyway.

Nick Calne

They have no imagination...  The tiger8...think I'll stick with beaker too.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

So it's been on sale a while now, when are we going to make a decision and put the forum title right?  :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JetdocX

From parts unknown.

walker

we called it first!

plus, beaker takes quite a lot of abuse from dr bunsen honeydew.... and he always comes out ok (for the most part), and always has that same beaker attitude!

you really can't stop beaker.

Interestingly enough, there seems to be a larger than expected people's movement to add beaker to the poll.

Simply awesome.

oxnsox

Hows about the first member to actually get one, and post a ride report, gets to choose......  

:shock:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

harre

A tiger with a beak, hmm... What about Griffin?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griffin
However since the Griffins' body is from a Lion, perhaps Tigriffin is more accurate.

LTB

Quote from: "oxnsox"Hows about the first member to actually get one, and post a ride report, gets to choose......  

:shock:

Neither Steamer owners or Girly owners named their bikes so why should Beaker owners be allowed to.
Well it's OK to name your own bike :-)

BR Keeper of The Green Tigger :mrgreen:
/Thomas

Triumph Tiger 955i -01 Roulette Green

"There\'s no off position on the genious switch"

blacktiger

TR8 and TR8XC reintroduces the TR prefix that seems to have got lost in time.

Have to quote what someone wrote over on .net

You pull up at a cantina or truckstop . the hot looking waitress is checking you out , when two BMW riders yell out " Hey look , its another Muppett on a Beaker ho ho . The waitress looks uncertain then moves away hurriedly ????
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

JetdocX

Yeah, you know any Beemer riders who can pull chicks?  I didn't think so.  Moving on... :lol:
From parts unknown.

brad1098

Is this really all we have to talk about........must be winter.

Im sure the steamer wasnt named "steamer" when it came out.  Its a name that came in time, as all nicknames do, right?
02 black-Lorna

Mustang

Quote from: "brad1098"Is this really all we have to talk about........must be winter.

Im sure the steamer wasnt named "steamer" when it came out.  Its a name that came in time, as all nicknames do, right?
it was named a steamer after this ...

curt

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are..... :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser
So many roads, so little time