News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Thank you all

Started by GavD, February 12, 2011, 05:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavD

Hi all
 :notworthy
Just a quick post to say thank you to all of you who have replied to my cries for help, and those of you who have posted stuff in the past that I found helpful in resurrecting the Tiger.

Without you she would not be looking forward to a summer of going round in circles on the Isle of Wight. And you never know I may even make it over to England!

Thank you all again
Gav

Stuff Done;
Sprint wheel conversion
Venom exhausts
New Chain & sprockets
TT600 coils fitted
Carbs cleaned (about 4 times) and re-jetted
Engine cases resprayed
Led indicators, tail/brake lights and dash lights
New oil & filter
New side stand
Trophy hugger
Overhauled brake calipers

Stuff to do (when funds allow);
Corbin style seat
Progressive fork springs & new oil
New rear shock
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

NeilD

looking good..  8)   I  must go and chuck mine back together shortly!

BruKen

Nice.  :) what screen is that you have on, and more importantly, is it effective?

Mustang

Quote from: "BruKen"Nice.  :) what screen is that you have on, and more importantly, is it effective?
powerbronze .........semi effective

GavD

It's better than the original for little ol' me (5'9")

rybes

whered ya get those cans from gav ? they look proper yummy.
bruken, if ya can find one get an ermax screen. i used to have one and was bloody great. shame i broke it. i been in touch with ermax themselves but they no longer make em. a supplier may have one floatin about still tho. i jus aint found it yet :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

GavD

They're Motad Venoms bought off ebay, I thought I was gonna get a set like yours, so I was well happy when those turned up.

rybes

tell ya what. as ya seem to be gutted ya dint get the ones ya wanted ill do ya a favor and straight swap you for the ones you do want  :wink:  thas ok mate, no need to thank me. thats what mates are for  8)  :lol:

GavD

No probs, next time your on the Isle of Wight we'll swap em over. :ImaPoser

rybes

ill book me ticket now  :wink:  :lol:

Colonel Nikolai

Venom cans look fantastic. Do they weigh less? If so, how much?
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

GavD

I didn't weigh them before fitting them, but they felt significantly lighter than the oem dustbins I took off them, I think NeilD has just got a similar set, maybe he could weigh 'em up against the originals.

Gav

GavD

Update:

Not got out on her as much as I'd like due to work & family commitments, but have managed to use a full tank of petrol now. She's running sweet with no signs of any problems & is returning somewhere between 45 & 50 mpg (imp gallons). It's great to be back riding again after a 4 year lay off.

I'm venturing abroad to England this weekendwith my step son to see British Superbikes at Thruxton. Can't wait.

MtheTiger

QuoteNot got out on her as much as I'd like due to work & family commitments, but have managed to use a full tank of petrol now. She's running sweet with no signs of any problems & is returning somewhere between 45 & 50 mpg (imp gallons). It's great to be back riding again after a 4 year lay off.

Swwweeeet !  Like JJ said: "Isn't that nice !"

Happy ridin' GavD!
 8)  :D
-Only dead fish go with the flow-

97 Caspian blue

aeronca

Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!