News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Clutch

Started by yack_ass, February 16, 2011, 06:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yack_ass

Hey guys,

still "fighting" with my Girly and after total dissasemly I've found out I need a new oil pump and a new clutch.

The clutch is a bit problematic, I need:  
- the centre comp (my fault, I broke it trying to get it off :oops: )
- the outer drum (not my fault)

There are some springs in the outer drum, and one of them is broken. Don't ask me how that happened, but is it possible to replace the springs in the outer drum?

While we are on the topic of springs, what exactly do they do there? Stabilizator of some sorts?

On "zi" German ebay there is a clutch assembly for 150€, but it is from a Sprint. By my logic I could use it in my engine.
The guy I bought the gearboy doesn't seem to return my e-mails about this subject, so what do you think, is it a good price?
I think it is, new clutch plates are about 60€, the centre comp si about 50€ so we are almost there.

So yes, can I use the Sprint clutch assembly for my Tiger engine (they are the same, no?).