News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Strangford Lough Northern Ireland

Started by Tigerpete, October 21, 2004, 10:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigerpete

I took these photos on an early morning Sunday ride a couple of weeks ago. The road from Newtownards to Portaferry is great. Its got everything from fast sweepers along the sea wall to flat out straights and some pretty lairy jumps. The road runs along the inside edge of a peninsula which runs mostly parallel to the coast. A ferry operates across the short stretch of water at the end of the peninsula to Strangford on the mainland. The name Strangford comes from the viking name Strang Fiord, meaning strong fiord. The huge expanse of the tidal Lough fills and emptys through this narrow entrance causing very strong currents.

Sasquatch

max1198

And then off to Daft Eddies for Lunch!! :) Great Pictures

henski

Nice to see someone posting local pics. I live in Ards and have just changed bike to an 05 Tiger, which is spot on so far. These are the roads I usually use for a short blast if time doesn't allow for a full days worth.

Get in touch Pete if there are ride outs going on around the area, usually solo stuff I end up doing so far.

mailto:hen.brown@virgin.net">hen.brown@virgin.net