News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What a twat

Started by Timbox2, February 27, 2016, 08:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Cant believe I did this.

In the garage earlier doing a bit more tinkering, which mainly consisted of tidying up the wiring loom behind the headlamps, the PO had connected all sorts of extra bits up including a really annoying indicator buzzer, to remind you when the flashers were still going. Anyway, got happy with the snips and insulting tape and cleared all the extra wiring out, good job. So, just to make sure I hadnt snipped something I shouldnt have, turned her on...........shit, nothing, no dash lights, nada. Except I could hear the heated grip relay energise when I turned the key, kin ell, dont tell me the ignition switch has suddenly gone, anyway checked all fuses etc, nope, and Im standing there scratching me head when I look over to the right handlebar pod, yep, somehow Id caught the kill switch, what a knob :ImaPoser
2016 Tiger Sport

JayDub

:ImaPoser :ImaPoser
A bit like when I spent half an hour checking why I had no power at all.... then realising that I'd forgot to reconnect the battery  :icon_redface:
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

JoeDirt

Quote from: Timbox2 on February 27, 2016, 08:14:17 PM
consisted of tidying up the wiring loom behind the headlamps :ImaPoser

SIR! put the pruning shears down!

Timbox2

It happens to us all. I recently had a call to attend for a fairly High ranking Lady Officer who had recently been delivered a new Flatbed scanner and couldnt get it to work. I looked at the history of the call and 3 different engineers had tried to get it working for her via telephone support, hence them sending me. Now, there is a very well known issue with these scanners but I assumed that as 3 other engineers had talked to her that wouldnt be it.

I eventually arrived at her office and as I walked up to her desk immediately saw that in fact it was the well known issue, and as I leaned over her and switched the "Transit Lock", on the side of the scanner to "unlocked", she looked up at me and said, rather poshly, "Your F****ing Joking", No Maam, said I :icon_salut:
2016 Tiger Sport

ghulst

I spent a couple of days in London and was able to store my bike behind a big fence. Great for peace of mind. I put an extra lock on it and turned off the kill switch, just to make it that little bit harder.

Four days later it took me four runs UP the hill with a very friendly guy pushing me, to realize what was wrong... Luckily my friendly helper could laugh about it. ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011