News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Tours

Started by John Stenhouse, March 09, 2011, 12:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

Just found this, it may interest some folk, note it doesn't start until June and you get to ride an 800 icluded in many of the tours.

Following the launch of its new Tiger 800s in January, Triumph is planning a worldwide adventure tour programme for 2011, incorporating the 800XC.

The five adventure tours, which are being run in cooperation with Edelweiss Bike Travel, range from 11-16 days and feature trips around the UK, Austria, North Africa and Thailand.

"Following the introduction of the new, 'go-everywhere', Tiger 800XC, the obvious next step was the introduction of Triumph Adventure Tours, allowing customers to experience the motorcycle in its natural environment," explains Triumph's director of sales and marketing, Paul Stroud.

Three of the trips will start with an exclusive tour of Triumph's factory before taking riders to the Isle of Man; the Scottish Highlands or on a European tour to Triumph's annual Tridays Festival in Austria

Riders looking go further afield can opt for the Sahara experience in North Africa, or Triumph's Asian adventure in Thailand, which is scheduled for December 2011.

Triumph's adventure tours will be available from June 2011 and include the use of Tiger 800XCs, with the exception of the Tridays Euro tour, which is a bring-your-own-bike affair. For more, see www.triumphmotorcycles.com
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

JetdocX

OOOOO!  Sign me up for Thailand.   :shock:
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "JetdocX"OOOOO!  Sign me up for Thailand.   :shock:

Going up to Phuket from Singapore in April, wanna come 8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Was Jetdocx thinking of a different kinda riding?  :twisted:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JetdocX

I can only dream about it right now.  Work has me on a really short leash.  Otherwise I'd be looking for a plane ticket right now! :cry:
From parts unknown.

abruzzi

Considering the traffic I've seen in Thailand, I'm not sure I'd want to ride a bike there.

Geof

aeronca

BROTHER GEOF - did you see how many post' you have :shock:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

abruzzi

That's from long ago when I was hacking on the code/database. :)

Geof

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "abruzzi"Considering the traffic I've seen in Thailand, I'm not sure I'd want to ride a bike there.

Geof

I believe Bangkok is a bit nutty, Phuket itself was very crowded but the local drivers are generally very tolerant, the worst thing is actually all the tourists riding around on scooters a bit pissed who normally only drive cars sober, they are a real danger, I had a set to with one Brit couple who started giving me verbal till I flipped my lid, then they shut up and slunk off. What annoyed me most about that is why give the Thai's shit when you wouldn't do it to me, white skin and cash does not get you automatic respect from me  :evil:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint