News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Autumn Rides!

Started by Rob501, November 03, 2004, 09:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob501

The weather is promised  :wink: to be excellent this weekend here in the UK. I'm thinking of finding somewhere suitably autumnal. Wye valley, Lake District? I'm interested where all your favourite autumn/winter rides are. Where do you go to excercise the Tiger at weekends?
Ciao

Rob!

BP_LONDON

A friend and I rode out to Cambridge and then up to Norfolk the past weekend. I'm thinking Autumn is a great time of the year to go riding - It's absolutely beautiful out there, not too hot or cold, and the roads are also a little less busy. I'lll have to take a look at my mapsource this evening and work out a route for the weekend...

Robbie

Rob / BP

There is a Tiger ride this Sunday.

I am comming down from the north and will meet up with the main pack at crossgates. all welcome.

Good time to compare notes and chat as well as some fun riding the things.

If you want to meet up on route Rob send me a PM and we can arange it.

A rollicking ride round mid Wales in the offing..

Met Office insiders have given us the nod for the

7th.. sunny intervals and mild.

Rough route is as follows (subject to standard RCC

checks):

Meet Ross on Wye Esso garage at A49 roundabout at 9.30

for 10am kick off. Coffee available in petrol station.

Ross on Wye - A49 - Much Dewchurch - B4348 - Hay on

Wye - Builth Wells - Llandrindod Wells - Rhayader -

Elan Valley - Devil's Bridge - Aberystwyth - A44 to

Llangurig - A470 to Builth Wells - A479 and A40 to

Abergavenny..

There will be changes, of course there will. But this

is the gist.

This is a stomping foray into mid Wales. Good

selection of back lane unclassifieds, moorland and

lakeside tracks, cattle grids, sheep shoite, fast A roads (eg A44 Aberystwyth to Llangurig) and a good selection of roadside caffs.
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

BP_LONDON

Sounds like a great idea Robbie. Might be a little far away from London for me, but to be honest long distances don't bother me on the Tiger...I'll see if I can make it on the weekend. 8)

SIBBO

Hey BP i am thinking of having a spin out.

I looked on the map and i think getting to meeting point would be a nice ride out via oxford and cheltenham,and at least if we both go it makes it more interesting geeting there.

Early start but hey could be worth it.

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "SIBBO"Hey BP i am thinking of having a spin out.

I looked on the map and i think getting to meeting point would be a nice ride out via oxford and cheltenham,and at least if we both go it makes it more interesting geeting there.

Early start but hey could be worth it.

SIBBO, Lets go! If everything works out this week I should be free for a weekend spin.

SIBBO

BP,

I am up for it for sure.

Send me a PM when you are ready to rock and roll.

:D

Got that PM

BP_LONDON

Just had a new set of tourances put on today so they need to be properly scrubbed in. :twisted:  :twisted:  8)

Rob501

I'm up the other end of the A49. And I love the Wye Valley! I don't think we'll make that end of the country by 9.30am though. I may head Wales way and maybe try to cross your path somewhere. I wouldn't 'arrange' anything considering the distances involved but keep an eye out, you know what I look like:

:lol:
Ciao

Rob!

newmanr19

Quote from: "BP_LONDON"Sounds like a great idea Robbie. Might be a little far away from London for me, but to be honest long distances don't bother me on the Tiger...I'll see if I can make it on the weekend. 8)

long distance from London?  hehe, sorry, but I have to ask; how can anything be long distance from London in your beautiful, but rather smallish country.. out in the Western USA, we've been known to drive 300 miles for breakfast  :wink:

BP_LONDON

300 miles on USA's open roads is a piece of cake, but the reason why it is indeed a long distance in the UK is the fact that there are so many 'interruptions' on the way - literally hundreds of speed cameras, dense traffic, villages with 30mph speed limits, narrow roads, horses, tractors, sheepshite, towns, roadworks, diversions etc...it's not that far, just not easy to blast all the way there at high speed, and avoiding motorways is of course, essential to enjoyment of the ride.

Robbie

Quote from: "Rob501"I'm up the other end of the A49. And I love the Wye Valley! I don't think we'll make that end of the country by 9.30am though. I may head Wales way and maybe try to cross your path somewhere. I wouldn't 'arrange' anything considering the distances involved but keep an eye out, you know what I look like:

:lol:

Rob I am on the wirral and will be meeting the southern pack at crossgates caff you are welcome to come down with me and a few others if you like. we could meet up around Chester?

newmanr19

Quote from: "BP_LONDON"300 miles on USA's open roads is a piece of cake, but the reason why it is indeed a long distance in the UK is the fact that there are so many 'interruptions' on the way - literally hundreds of speed cameras, dense traffic, villages with 30mph speed limits, narrow roads, horses, tractors, sheepshite, towns, roadworks, diversions etc...it's not that far, just not easy to blast all the way there at high speed, and avoiding motorways is of course, essential to enjoyment of the ride.

I can totally understand how that can be frustrating; and I hope you realize I was only jesting on the irony of the statement

BP_LONDON

The ride was awesome! Thanks to all involved. Was great riding with SIBBO - we had some really hard work to do coming back past cardiff on the packed M4. Wales is really, really beautiful and the group took us through some awesome scenery. (I did around 480miles yesterday)

I'd like to do another rideout like that soon again!

8)  8)

Robbie

Your welcome BP thanks for turning up nice to meet you.