News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Autumn Rides!

Started by Rob501, November 03, 2004, 09:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIBBO

Well i have to admit that yesterday was the first time i can honestly say the bike has been used for its intended purpose.

A mixture of fast A roads and moorland  surfaced tracks which were challenging and beautiful.

Some of the guys riding was of a much greater calibre than mine and BP s

but we did'nt disgrace ourselves and all the guys looked out for one another...A thouroughly(not error) :lol:  decent group of chaps but then again i would'nt expect any different from Tiger riders.

Note to self............do not set yourself up for right hand bend whilst riding over wet cattlegrid :lol: .

the guy behind me reckoned my bike moved 12inches sidewards!!!!

The ride home on the M4 was soul destroying we stopped at Reading services and almost fell of the bikes to limber up,but today i am fresh and ready to go again.

Thanks to all involved.

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "SIBBO"Well i have to admit that yesterday was the first time i can honestly say the bike has been used for its intended purpose.

A mixture of fast A roads and moorland  surfaced tracks which were challenging and beautiful.

Some of the guys riding was of a much greater calibre than mine and BP s

but we did'nt disgrace ourselves and all the guys looked out for one another...A thouroughly(not error) :lol:  decent group of chaps but then again i would'nt expect any different from Tiger riders.

Note to self............do not set yourself up for right hand bend whilst riding over wet cattlegrid :lol: .

the guy behind me reckoned my bike moved 12inches sidewards!!!!

The ride home on the M4 was soul destroying we stopped at Reading services and almost fell of the bikes to limber up,but today i am fresh and ready to go again.

Thanks to all involved.

So true! I was also very impressed with the spirited and talented riding by the group - especially the leaders! Those cattlegrids also gave me a few heartstopping moments! The bike performed flawlessly throughout the day and never complained about any of the rough treatment I was giving it. Great fuel economy, power, handling and grip. SIBBO, the last stop at reading services was simply critical, I don't think I could have done the last 40 miles without falling off out of sheer exhaustion... :o

Robbie

Quote from: "SIBBO"Some of the guys riding was of a much greater calibre than mine .

Dont do your self down there Sibbo

I was not catching you along the back straight of the race track we where on :wink:

Rich has posted some of the pickies up.

I don't know if he visits here so I hope he will not mind me posting the link

http://ricardo.smugmug.com/gallery/277413

not as many miles as you so I hink you and BP get the iron butt award for this run.

So now you know what the tiger is for, where next? Alpine passes?
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "Robbie"So now you know what the tiger is for, where next? Alpine passes?

Where do I sign?

Barns

Well done the London chaps for coming over, and doing a load of miles on a rather bleak Autumn day.

I'm fortunate and live relatively close to Wales, but never tire of the fast sweepies, and the twists, turns, ups, and downs of the Elan Valley.  As you say, perfect terrain for the Tiger.

Thanks Rich & Preston for planning and leading the ride.

Alan

Chris Canning

Interesting looking at the piccies,most interesting bike looked the old 900 that was Supermoto'd,with the carbon cans.

Chris

robbo

Sounds and looks like you guys had a great time, wish I could have come but itÌs a bit far for me up in Scotland.

Robbo
best Regards

Robbo

NortonCharlie

QuoteI could have come but itÌs a bit far for me up in Scotland.

I know what you mean, even further for me in Iowa.  One of these days I really need to get off this continent.  It's getting pretty weird over here.

Charlie
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando