News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Updated pics of my 06 Tiger.

Started by Tigertriple, April 11, 2011, 04:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

Here are some updated photos of my Tiger. I have been doing a few mods to it over the Winter and have now finished and I am now ready for some fun this Summer. She has only covered 16k miles and I have to say this bike is perfect for me. I have come from riding a 09 plate Triumph America and prior to that a a couple Honda Pan European ST 1300's. Biking has never been so much fun until I got my Tiger  :D  :D  :D

I fitted a new Renthal chain and sprocket set with standard gearing. I had been running with a 19 tooth front sprocket, but I did not like the set up.

Lowered the rear pegs and fitted a Skidmarx carbon fibre hugger

New Palmer Products screen fitted. I have tried 3 others screens before this one inc an MRA Vario.  None were any good. This one is perfect for me.

New seat fitted which is lower than standard and has a gel pad. Also fitted a Tribo Grippy cover on the back which is excellent. No more head butting!

Replaced the stock panniers with a set of Give Trekker boxes and a Givi Maxia E52 top box. Managed to pick up an almost new set of Givi pannier brackets on ebay. I'm very happy with this luggage set up as it holds all the stuff that I need for camping and touring.

Upgraded my hand guards to a set of BMW GS1150 ones and a set of Touratec spoilers. Much better than the originals. Also fitted a set of Skidmarx headlight covers and changed my indicators to Triumph Sprint ST arrows.

New bars fitted with Renthal cross brace and bar risers. Also fitted a pair of SW Motech mirror wideners.

Bagster tank cover fitted I also have an Alpha tank bag to fit it.

Here are a few general pics to finish off.

New Triumph off road can fitted

Next on my shopping list is a set of engine bars, radiator/oil cooler cover lower front pegs and adjustable levers. I'll need to wait a while for these as I'm now officially broke :wink:

Thanks for having a look :XXsunsmile
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Timbox2

See look, if you do this..................

2016 Tiger Sport

Tigertriple

Okay, I'll bite !! How do I put larger pics on?

Mustang

Quote from: "Tigertriple"Okay, I'll bite !! How do I put larger pics on?
on the photobucket page with your pics ,
move the cursor over the pic you want to post
a menu should pop up with 4 choices for links
click the bottom one that says Img code
it should have lit up and said copied

now go back to tiger triples post box and paste the code you got from photobucket

when you submit your reply the pic will show
like this

Tigertriple

Cheers Mustang, now I get it. No stopping me now   :lol:

ScottV

How do you like those panniers? They look good. Is your passenger comfortable with your top box in place?

Tigertriple

Quote from: "ScottV"How do you like those panniers? They look good. Is your passenger comfortable with your top box in place?

I like these panniers as they offer a lot more storage than the standard Tiger boxes. Also being able to open them part way is a good feature rather than having to pull everything out to get stuff.

My Son is the only passenger that I carry and he feels more secure with the  top box and panniers fitted. I have modified the rear pegs to give him more leg room. I have put a listing on detailing this mod in the speaking of bikes section. The mod is not shown in these photos.

Overall the Givi boxes are very good both in practical and cosmetic appearance. I would recommend them if you are mainly doing road riding. The Maxia E55 box is great and will hold two full face lids + more. I have also fitted a top rack to the box to carry camping gear.

zadok_oz

Looks like you just wheeled it off the showroom floor with bling on it! What mileage have you clocked up?
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Tigertriple

Quote from: "zadok_oz"Looks like you just wheeled it off the showroom floor with bling on it! What mileage have you clocked up?

She has just done 16,000 miles. I have covered a couple of thousand since buying her last June  :D

Spud

Like it, where did you get the seat from, cheers Spud  :wink:

Tigertriple

Quote from: "Spud"Like it, where did you get the seat from, cheers Spud  :wink:

I bought the seat second hand on ebay. It is a Tony Archer Custom seat. Here is the link to his website. www.tonyarcher.co.uk

I had a Triumph gel seat for a while  I found it to be no better than the stock seat. It looked better but that was all. I then got a guy to re-upholster a seat for me and that turned out to be a complete mess and a waste of time and money. The Tony Archer seat is pretty good in both looks and comfort. It is lowere that the standard seat and also has gel padding. So far I am very happy with this one.

Sin_Tiger

After buying those Givi boxes I'm not surprised you're a bit barasik  :(  still they do look good on the bike and they looked damn solid when I looked at a set, pity about the Givi embossing, would look great with Tiger in there instead.

How South are you, what I can see of the skyline sort of suggests East Kilbride / Eaglesham area?
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Tigertriple

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"After buying those Givi boxes I'm not surprised you're a bit barasik  :(  still they do look good on the bike and they looked damn solid when I looked at a set, pity about the Givi embossing, would look great with Tiger in there instead.

How South are you, what I can see of the skyline sort of suggests East Kilbride / Eaglesham area?

I'm a bit further South than EK. I'm in Ashgill just South of Larkhall. No flute jokes please :wink: and no I don't have an orange bike. Come to think of it I do have a blue one  :!:

I agree about the Givi embossing that's why I stuck the Triumph logos on to finish them off. The boxes are the dogs bollocks and are well made. Okay they are not aluminium but I am not planning in going off road or around the world with them. For my needs they are good and hold a lot more than the standard boxes. I like the fact that they can be opened from the top which is good for getting stuff out without the whole contents being on the ground. I'll be putting them to the test soon as I plan to do a bit of Touring and camping with my Son this Summer.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Tigertriple"No flute jokes please :wink: and no I don't have an orange bike. Come to think of it I do have a blue one  :!:

:lol:  :lol:  back in Maybole tomorrow, hope the weather's good for riding and my tyres haven't gone off  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint