News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Electrical help please

Started by aisurffish, May 08, 2011, 05:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aisurffish

i have a tiger 955 but since they kinda share some traits with things in this forum i am posting this here.

I was warming up my 03 955I tiger this morning and it ran fine. As soon as I started to rev it up and take off the engine cut off, as if it was still not warm enough. And then that was IT!! Nothing now. When I turn the key there are no lights ..nothing. As if the Battery was not even attached.

Anyone ever have this issue?

I have checked the fuses under the seat all were good.

I also disconnected the Battery and let it sit for a few minutes then re-attached.

What is the next step if any, I just want to take away the obvious before I make the 3 hour trip to the dealer.

Thanks.. I am sure someone has the answer....

ps.. I tried and checked the main fuse its okay, The clock is on with the ignition in the off position but when i move the key to the on position the clock goes off. I have major short or issue somewhere I just want to check as much as i can before i make the trip to Dover to get it looked at by the shop.

aisurffish

never mind... BATTERY WAS FRIED!!!

I took it out to test it and it was imploded and dry no acid at all...  

Picked up a new one and started right up...

daveb

at least you got it sorted, Hi and Welcome