News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph e-mail

Started by brad1098, May 10, 2011, 03:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad1098

Got another e-mail from Triumph.

The idiots in the marketing dept. proclaim "The largest lineup in Triumph history"  Below the headline is a fine looking new Tiger 800-cast wheels, no beaker and the words Tiger 800XC.  Are you kidding me?  A multi-national corporation can't get it right?  Who is approving this stuff?  :shock:

Almost as bad as the XC promo shot of the two tall muscular, model dudes that look just like they came from a hollywood set.
02 black-Lorna

jphish

Yeh - Not sure the 'models' fairly represent the 800 demographic. I'm 63 (NOT 6'3') and it aint what looks back at me in the mirror. The 800 / 800XC hicup...? Must have the 'models' also working advertising ? As long as the 800's perform well - I'll give 'em a "pass" on the ad stuff.

Nick Calne

I think the average tiger rider just isn't into advertising, hype, models, lifestyle stuff, image.  If we were, we all have BMW's. :lol:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JetdocX

We're not pretty enough to ride BMWs or Ducatis. :lol:
From parts unknown.

CoolHandLuke

Quote from: "nickcalne"I think the average tiger rider just isn't into advertising, hype, models, lifestyle stuff, image.  If we were, we all have BMW's. :lol:

+1

Sin_Tiger

Let's be honest with ourselves here guys, pics of me (I am not going to speak for anybody else  :lol: is are not going to sell anything. Well dog food might be the exception  :roll:

Didn't stop me ordering one though  :lol:  even though I look nothing like either of the two BMW ro ot lookalikes even with all the gear on :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint