News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Attn Beaker owners

Started by Bixxer Bob, June 02, 2011, 01:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I posted this elsewhere, but thought it might be worth copying it here:

"....It just occurred to me that, although this site has the best support for Girlies and Steamers to be found anywhere on the web, you Beaker guys are pretty much on your own to start with  ....  at least until your warranties run out :lol:

Like with the other models, you'll evolve your own "gurus" in time   so it's important that you all post when you can, even if it's only advice on farkles and how you get on with them.  But for now, go rag the bars off it 8)"
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JetdocX

I agree 100%.  Please keep us up on the goings on with your new bikes.  Spoken as a future 800XC owner, of course. :D
From parts unknown.

JetdocX

OK, so I hear of overheating issues from at least two new owners.  One in Colfax, CA the other in Ohio somewhere.  

Not trying to stir the shit.
From parts unknown.

jphish

One posted on ADVrider - he's getting a new bike. Didnt know there were 2. My XC does seem to put out more heat than my 06 Girly. But I had a Uly - so not worriesome. I did find the bolt missing from exhaust hanger after 200 mi. Actually - not sure if it was ever there ?? 500 mi service tomorrow w/ tire change to Hiedenau k60s. Fuel mileage seems pretty steady - around 44 mpg (US gal) It also seems a bit mechanically (not exhaust)  noisey at idle, compared to Girly - but could be just it's personality (doubt crank bearings are already shot ( :)  Pretty well sorted machine so far - will report after trip to desert next week.

Birdy68

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I posted this elsewhere, but thought it might be worth copying it here:

"....It just occurred to me that, although this site has the best support for Girlies and Steamers to be found anywhere on the web, you Beaker guys are pretty much on your own to start with  ....  at least until your warranties run out :lol:

Like with the other models, you'll evolve your own "gurus" in time   so it's important that you all post when you can, even if it's only advice on farkles and how you get on with them.  But for now, go rag the bars off it 8)"

I FULLY agree with you, and wish it to be so - BUT - as some of you may know, the main-stream 'gossip' is elsewhere (on a T800 specific forum) and NOT here  :(

Well if truth be known, many of the owners are posting in both ADV and T800 - but few come here to post their findings (including myself... *cough* sorry!  :oops: )
So I'll start to make a mends and do duplicate post. Hope that doesn't upset those that are in the other forums.

Off on a tangent here:
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank ALL THOSE that gave me expert advice and confidence while I was at war with my Steamer! Without your help I would have given up on Triumph long ago! THIS forum IS the source of all enlightenment!
I just hope it turns out to be so for the new T8's...

So I'll go get a fresh coffee and start updating you all with my experience of my new Tigger....

Birdy68
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Leave the pork pies for now - get the sausage rolls while they\'re hot!

ArcticTiger

Nice stack of firewood you got there Birdy :thumbsup
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

Boxmonkey

Sweet ride Birdy. The bike looks awesome! I am enjoying my T800 ABS. It has been all I could ask for, so far (817 miles).
Tiger 800 ABS

Birdy68

Quote from: "ArcticTiger"Nice stack of firewood you got there Birdy :thumbsup

:lol:
Yeah, but it's slowly being used and NOT refilled as I can't stop riding the Tigger!

So far 2'500 km:
- TOTALLY happy
- Only complaint is that the wife doesn't understand the need I now have to go off on tours...
Birdy68
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Leave the pork pies for now - get the sausage rolls while they\'re hot!